Job title: Zonal Programme Manager At Malaria Consortium
Job description: Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Zonal Programme Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Report to the Programme Director
Contract Duration: Contract duration for all positions is 7months
- The Zonal Programme Manager ( ZPM) would support the programme activities at all levels in Borno State, to ensure timely programme delivery of the SMC programme to achieve given targets and objectives.
- The Zonal Programme Manager (ZPM) would be working with the state team and stakeholders in Borno State, especially the State Ministries of Health and LGA Departments of Health/PHC, manage the rollout and implementation of the SMC activities.
- S/he would report to the Programme Director.
- Work with the programme team and other relevant personnel in the Country Office to lead activities for smooth project start up and planning in line with the SMC malaria Project Implementation Plan.
- Work with the relevant personnel to prepare all necessary project start up and planning tools on time.
- To build and performance manage an effective and technically unsurpassed SMC project team in Borno State.
- Work directly with the PD and be responsible for coordinating overall project implementation in Borno State and see that activities are carried out on time and within budget.
- Liaise with other implementers and partners in Borno State relevant for successful GiveWell malaria implementation in the state.
- Work with the programme team to develop and implement the 2021 annual work plan.
- Work closely with the PD to prepare the programme monitoring and evaluation plan in conjunction with the Senior M&E Officer and Data Analysis Specialist (DAS). Work with the project team to implement it.
- Work with the Grants Manager, country finance team, Project Finance Manager and Field Finance Officer to prepare and track progress of project and activity budgets.
- Be responsible for programme budget management and reporting.
- Work with the Project Finance Manager, Grants Manager and PD to prepare quarterly financial reports.
- Work with the relevant country personnel and the PD to prepare an exit strategy and to implement it, to see to the smooth end of the programme.
- Take the lead in monitoring and evaluating project performance.
- Keep abreast with evidence and best practices that are related to the project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate or Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Epidemiology or another relevant specialty is a minimum requirement.
- Extensive experience of working at national or state level in developing countries.
- Evidence of working within COEs or high risk operational environments within and outside Nigeria.
- Excellent project planning, management and monitoring & evaluation skills.
- Experience managing programme / project budgets.
- Proven leadership skills and team leading.
- Experience in advocacy and policy influencing.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should send their updates CVs to: using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- For your application to be considered, it is mandatory to fill the recruitment form and send your application to the specified email address.
- Include your state of Origin on your CV
- Send your cover letter and CV as a single document
- Considering the emergency situation of these positions, applications will be reviewed on rolling a basis and hence, early applications from qualified applicants are highly encouraged.
- The organisation reserves the right to close the application as soon as suitable candidate is identified for any of the advertised positions.
- Successful candidates should be ready to resume immediately
- Applications who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Please note that the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis and hence early application is highly encouraged. Selection process will commence from Wednesday, July 14 and hence the application portal will be closed once successful candidates are identified.
Job date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 06:30:29 GMT