Job title: Technologist I ($10,000 Sign-On Bonus)
Job description: Company Description
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Technologist I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Following prescribed procedures, performing any of the tests within any of the laboratory specialties
- Calculating the results of the tests performed, if necessary
- Operating, calibrating, conducting performance checks, and maintaining any laboratory analyzers or equipment
- Recognizing and correcting basic analyzer malfunctions; Notifying management personnel when appropriate
- Preparing reagents or media from a prescribed procedure
- Evaluating media, reagents, and calibrators according to established criteria
- Conducting established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products. Evaluating results of quality control and implements corrective action when indicated
- Determining performance specifications for new methods
- Confirming and verifying results through knowledge of techniques, principles, and analyzers
- Monitoring quality assurance/continuous improvement programs
- Monitoring safety programs in compliance with laboratory regulations
- Utilizes laboratory information systems or other methods to accurately and effectively report patient results
- Writing laboratory procedures conforming to standardized format
- Reporting test results conforming to established procedures
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Ability to work in a high stress, high volume environment
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment, and techniques of medical technology
- Knowledge of the principles of chemistry, biology, and bacteriology as related to medical technology
- Some knowledge of recent developments in the field of medical technology
- Previous sterility experience
- Ability to instruct subordinate technologist in areas of medical laboratory testing
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment
- Analytical thinking and communication skills
- Advanced computer, scientific, mathematical, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- BS degree with coursework to include 24 credit hours of biological science, chemistry, and/or physical science.
- Microbiology experience preferred
- 1-2 years of clinical laboratory related experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full time working 1st shift, Tuesday, Thursdady – Saturday, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Centennial, Colorado are encouraged to apply.
- Compensation Range: $22.00 to $24.50/ hour
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website .
Please be aware that this role will require access to a site that requires COVID-19 vaccination or exemption from vaccination requirements. Prior to starting work in this position, employees must show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination or exemption from vaccination requirements. Exemptions will be granted as warranted by medical contraindications, disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Expected salary: $22 – 24.5 per hour
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.