Job title: Technical Officer, Cecap At Jhpiego Nigeria
Job description: Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (CECAP)
Career Category: Program/Project Management
Reports to: State Team Lead
- The Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (CECAP) Technical Officer will support innovative strategies in providing Cervical Cancer Prevention Program across TMEC RISE supported facilities in the State.
- The CECAP officer will support demand creation initiatives to scale up CECAP activities as part of Prevention services, working closely with the project teams to align activities and ensure effective integration of these strategies across the project with technical oversight from RISE CECAP and PrEP Advisor.
The Technical Officer (CECAP) will:
- Demonstrate experience providing capacity building assistance at Facility, Community and State levels.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of SMOH organizational structure and the Nigerian healthcare system.
- Increase the awareness of CECAP to high-risk individuals in the Facility and community.
- Support Major Stakeholders to supervise and mentor health care workers at sites implementing the program;
- Develop and expand the capacity of Healthcare Workers on CECAP.
- Provide strategic direction and technical support towards CECAP implementation;
- Oversee effective implementation of Cervical Cancer Prevention Program in the State.
- Provide strategic direction technical oversight, and ensure appropriate support for the development and implementation of program activities in Cervical Cancer Prevention Program (CECAP);
- Work closely with other relevant ministries (Health, Women affairs), the implementing partners and other key stakeholders to support the implementation of CECAP strategies;
- Support planning, coordination and supervision of cervical cancer screening activities in RISE-supported facilities;
- Support training facilitation of health care providers on cervical cancer prevention program and to build the capacity of the health facility staffs to ensure the necessary equipment and supplies are available;
- Support build the capacity of service providers in documentation, data collection and analysis;
- Participate actively in State’s TWG meetings and fora addressing women health in Stakeholders and IPs collaborative learning.
- Promote dissemination and sharing of good practices;
- Document successes, lessons learned, and challenges in implementation through routine monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports to Jhpiego and the donor, and other reporting requirements as requested.
- Support research and program learning efforts where appropriate.
- Consult with the technical and program team, implement changes in the interventions based on monitoring data and evidence from RISE-supported sites
- Liaise with RISE supported CSOs in improving demand in CECAP Services
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Advanced Degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Pharmacy, or related Health, Medical and Nursing Science discipline; Postgraduate degree desirable.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- At least 3+ years experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Experience in Prevention, Care and Treatment Service, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Problem-solving ability. Quick learner with a practical, precise approach.
- Good team leader
- Planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and can work unsupervised
- Knowledge of geography
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Writing skills
- Respectful, accountable, honest.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: using “Technical Officer CECAP” as the subject of the mail.
- CV and Cover Letter as one single word document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 03:35:31 GMT