Job title: System Engineer Course Developer/ Instructor
Job description: Title: System Engineer Course Developer/ Instructor
Course Developer/Instructor – Systems Engineering Management
The Acquisition Instructor Course (AQIC) is the USAF’s premier agile acquisition course in which only the most highly qualified applicants are chosen to attend through a competitive selection process. The AQIC was established under the U.S. Air Force Vice Chief of Staff’s direction to integrate acquisitions into the Air Force Weapons School and resides under the Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) with the purpose to cultivate military and civilian instructors within the acquisition force who are skilled in tactical acquisition, instructorship, and operational integration.
Within small class sizes, AQIC is intentionally designed to mirror the training methodology, organization, and rigor of the USAF Weapons School curriculum. This is a rare opportunity to provide cutting-edge systems engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME) support developing the best and brightest young acquisition officers and professionals into expert instructors and integrators who are deliberately and strategically placed throughout the acquisition enterprise to tackle the USAF’s toughest problems.
This is not a remote job opportunity. The applicant must be local to Wright Patterson Air Force Base.
US Citizenship required.
Performs the following duties for the Acquisition Instructor Course (AQIC). This position involves:
- Providing product support in the form of developing, editing, modifying and teaching course materials
- Producing and delivering coursework on systems engineering concepts and processes for each phase of the Defense Acquisition System and considerations for non-DoD 5000.02 acquisitions such as FY16 NDAA Section 804 Rapid Fielding and Rapid Prototyping and DevSecOps software acquisition
- Develop curriculum, instruct students as required, facilitate discussions as required, and enable student-centered active learning and conduct consulting for same as necessary to ensure students graduate with a firm grasp of the range of options available to a program at various phases of the product life cycle
FACTORS Knowledge Required by the Position:
- Demonstrated professional knowledge with 6-15 years of specialized experience in systems engineering or relevant professional career field
- Demonstrated understanding of program management, contracting management, life-cycle logistics, and financial management and their relationships to systems engineering activities is highly desirable
- Ability to effectively translate new systems engineering initiatives (e.g., digital engineering, DevSecOps, Open Mission Systems (OMS), Modular Open System Architecture (MOSA) into course objectives, lesson objectives, measurable samples of behavior, meaningful exercises and relevant student evaluations
- Ability to support the learning of students/clients in Systems Engineering and to offer real-life examples or first-hand knowledge of related DoD policies and practices and how they’ve been applied
- Familiar with Systems Engineering related Air Force Instructions (AFI) and DoD instructions
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field of study with demonstrated teaching ability. A Master’s of Science degree (or higher) and/or professional teaching experience of adult students is highly desirable
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and expertly (in English) in both verbal and written forms concerning academic, administrative, and technical subject matters.
- Eligible to obtain a SECRET security clearance background check investigation and possess a government common access card (CAC)
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.