Jobs in Canada
Job title: Service Technician – Gas Bar -Reg. PTU
Job description: Requisition ID: 166881
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail – Gas
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Part-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
City: Grande Prairie
Location: 8871 Northgate Safeway
Postal Code: T8V4A9
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
About Safeway: Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail. A day in the life of a Gas Bar Service Technician: The Fuel Stations are a unique service to our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about managing fuel pump operations and providing a clean and safety conscious environment. You’ll be delivering prompt and helpful service, directing customers to open pumps, and be responsible for sales of a variety of convenient products.
Experience * No previous experience required
Key Responsibilities * Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with Safeway’s programs
- Process cash register payments by cash, cheque, credit card, gift card and debit
- Replenish stock of cigarettes, candy, oil and windshield washer fluid as needed
- Refill pump-side containers of washer fluid as needed
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer issues with fuel pumps
- Light cleaning duties as assigned
- Stock various product in checkstand area
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required * Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong Customer Service qualities
- Works in a safe and responsible manner
- Available to work flexible hours
- Evening and weekend availability is strongly encouraged
- Must be available to be scheduled anytime on Sunday (Alberta Only)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Physical Requirements (Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift) * Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling of up to 15 pounds
- Constant standing
- Constant computer and point of sale system use
- Occasional bending, twisting, walking, squatting
- Occasionally working outside in variable conditions
Why work for us: We offer regular pay increases for hourly employees, flexible scheduling and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes employer funded prescription drug coverage, vision care, dental coverage, and pension plan for eligible employees We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy giving our customers the best shopping experience. If you want the chance to join one of the best retail teams in the industry, enhance your skill set, learn from experts and advance your career, this is the place to be. We are an award winning organization that is renowned for its inclusive work environment and recognized as a great place to work.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest jobs in Canada click here.