Job title: Senior Scientist
Job description: Service Line
Are you passionate about the environment? We are growing and hiring environmental professionals in the Gulf Coast! We are looking for an accomplished, Senior Environmental Planner/Group Leader for our growing practice in the Gulf Coast. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual with environmental planning experience to grow, expand, and manage the services already offered by Terracon. This position can be based out of multiple office locations in the Southeast (New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Jackson).
Responsibilities will involve growth planning and development, client acquisition, technical expertise and implementing an overall Environmental Planning strategy for a multi-state area. Our offices in the region are multi-disciplined teams that work on wetlands delineation and permitting, categorical exclusions (CE), environmental assessment (EA), threatened and endangered species (T&E) assessments, archeological studies, environmental site assessment, remediation, redevelopment, and site renovation work for City and County/Parish agencies, school districts, national and local retailers, commercial real property developers and managers, telecom companies, energy providers, law firms, financial institutions, architect/engineer and construction (A/E/C) clients.
As the Senior Environmental Planner/Group Leader, you will work closely with Office Managers and Senior Leaders to lead a team that oversees natural and cultural resources projects and ensure that work is performed on time, on budget, and meets our client’s requirements and company policies, procedures, and standards. You and the team will work together to prepare winning proposals and you will help to deliver proper scoping of services, availability of staff, and pricing to be profitable. You will prepare and review reports and will coach and mentor junior staff on quality data generation and reporting. As a supervisor, you will have the opportunity to lead the daily operations of a growing team including safety, staff training & development, performance conversations, utilization of equipment and facilities, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and overall quality and client experience. You will also get the opportunity to work with the office leadership team and environmental service line leadership to develop an Operations Plan and a business development strategy for your group with the goal of growing the environmental planning practice. As a Senior Environmental Planner/Group Leader you will also participate in business development activities with the office leadership team to identify, develop, win, and execute exciting project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct client development activities and work with our team to develop a book of business in environmental planning services in the Southeast and support growth in a multi-state area.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work proactively within our National Client Account Program for successful, timely, project delivery.
- Collaborate with office/department managers and staff in our multiple offices.
- Develop and manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, selection and on-boarding. Mentor, supervise, and oversee staff environmental scientists, archeologists, and architectural historians.
- Prepare and execute annual business plan for the specialty service group.
- Oversee and manage the success of the key group metrics of retention, revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risks. Employ best practices for risk management and loss prevention. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines.
- Promote continuous quality review and improvement on projects.
- Collaborate with Environmental Planning managers and staff in other Terracon offices to team on large project efforts and promote best practices. Provide environmental support to multiple services lines including industrial hygiene, geotechnical services, construction and building materials, and facilities.
- Possess strong understanding of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Possess skills to become Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one of more environmental/technical areas.
- Understand and implement technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Serve as an inter-disciplinary team member in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Perform site visits, field observations and field data collection in area of technical expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Engineering, Geology, Archeology or related discipline and more than 10 years of experience in the practice.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Ability to travel out of town between 10% and 20% of the normal work week.
- Flexible work schedule, to ensure project timelines are completed.
- Possess strong writing skills.
- Attention to detail, note taking skills.
- Ability to work on a team and build networks across the division and company
Regular, Full Time
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon’s COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.