Oil and Gas Jobs
Job title: Senior Environmental Engineer
Job description: Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 15 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
If you are selected as the Sr. Environmental Engineer, you will be a member of the U.S. Lower 48 Gulf Coast & Rockies Business Unit, focused on air permitting and compliance, and greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) management for operations in North Dakota. This position is for an authority in Air and GHG issues with practical environmental experience managing compliance issues for federal regulations as well as state requirements. You will provide strategic input on various internal and external initiatives around air emissions and GHG and air emissions. You will collaborate with other members of the Environmental team, Production Operations, Facilities Engineering, Production Engineering Development, and Maintenance and Reliability to manage the submittal of compliance reports including NSPS reports, Subpart W reports, and other required reports. You will provide strategic approaches to the preparation of air permit registration applications. You will lead compliance issues working with federal and state agencies. You will lead the development of compliance tools and programs in accordance with regulatory or internal company requirements.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Preparing complex air permit applications for oil and gas facilities
- Develop compliance programs and tools to ensure compliance with air permit requirements and federal and state regulations including NSPS JJJJ, NSPS OOOO/OOOOa, NESHAPs ZZZ, etc. including submittal of OOOO and OOOOa reports to agencies
- Gather, maintain and analyzing datasets, for the purposes of emissions monitoring and emission calculations to develop automated compliance programs that can be used for continuous improvement in data quality and data integrity for environmental reports
- Work with IT to automate data compilation from company databases and applications including SAP, Avocet, asset-specific throughput, and environmental compliance data points
- Represent company in dealings with agencies (state & local), trade associations, and other partners
- Solve unique and complex problems and develops solutions for changing regulatory environment at the state and local level and advises on technical standards
- Collect and submit information for routine and sophisticated regulatory permits, authorizations, and reports, in response to agency inquiries
- Providing strategic input on various internal and external initiatives around GHG and Air emissions
- Lead and complete the preparation of EPA Subpart W reports for various L48 assets including sourcing data for the reports and summarizing emissions and reduction opportunities based on the reports
- Become an authority in the use of tools and technology associated with air emissions management (i.e., FLIR camera, EPA electronic reporting tools, performance testing protocols/procedures, automation/metering and other data collection, sample collection and analytical methods)
- Provides environmental technical knowledge and training to operations and engineering early in the planning process to proactively embed environmental considerations into design, planning, and implementation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or foreign equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in Air and GHG environmental compliance/permitting or regulatory compliance in an oil and gas and/or petrochemical industry
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel 10% of the time on a yearly basis
- 1+ years of experience in completing Subpart W GHG reports for submittal to EPA
- 1+ years of experience with Air permitting for Upstream facilities in North Dakota
- Basic level of knowledge of GHG and air-related ESG issues with respect to reductions and dealing with stakeholder-related issues
- Basic level of proficiency with oral and written communication skills needed to collaborate with multiple clients
- Demonstrate leadership and dedication to develop a zero-incident culture
- Ability to network and gain collaboration from members of other workgroups
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what’s right
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 18, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Oil and Gas Jobs click here.