Job title: Risk Management Corporate Officer At Overland Airways Limited
Job description: Overland Airways Limited was incorporated on September 17‚ 1998 to provide scheduled and charter flight services. Overland Airways has its headquarters at No. 17‚ Simbiat Abiola Road‚ Ikeja‚ Lagos‚ Nigeria‚ and operational stations across Nigeria and West Africa. The Airline commenced flights in 2002 with the aim of increasing the prosperity of the Nigerian hinterland by providing seamless and reliable air transportation of business and leisure travelers and interconnecting hub cities and remote economies.
Overland Airways operates scheduled flights within Nigeria and parts of West Africa‚ and charter flights to West and Central Africa. Its route network includes Lagos‚ Abuja‚ Ibadan‚ Ilorin‚ Akure and Jalingo in Nigeria‚ as well as Niamey‚ Lome and Cotonou in West Africa. Overland Airways is an Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO) authorised by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) occupying a world-class hangar facility at the General Aviation Terminal‚ Murtala Muhammed Airport‚ Lagos.
The Airline is a Member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA)‚ the association of leading global airlines that control over 80% of scheduled global traffic. Overland Airways achieved the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) Registration in 2015‚ which has been consecutively renewed in 2017 and 2019. IOSA is a global benchmark for enhancing operational safety of airlines.
Overland Airways is also a Member of the African Airlines Association (AFRAA)‚ the umbrella body of airlines from African Union (AU) member States. Overland Airways is a refreshing brand for business and leisure travellers‚ and a preferred economic development partner in Nigeria. With world-class operational safety and service standards‚ Overland Airways is leading the future of Nigeria’s airline industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Management Corporate Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time, Contract
- Plan, design and implement an overall risk management process for the organization
- Make risk assessments, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business
- Evaluate risk, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluate previous handling of risks
- Establish and quantify the organization’s level of risk that can be accepted
- Report risk in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks
- Conduct audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors
- Provide support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
- The qualification for this post is usually B.Sc / HND Accounting and other related fields.
- Completion of ICAN is an added advantage.
- Completion of NYSC programme or possession of a valid certificate of exemption is mandatory.
- 1 – 2 years relevant post NYSC work experience is an added advantage.
- Candidates are expected to be proficient in Microsoft Office package especially word and excel.
- Age bracket 22 – 28 years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Location: Ikeja, Lagos State
Job date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 00:44:55 GMT