Jobs in Nigeria
Job title: Quality Assurance Officer Recruitment at Tomato Jos
Company: Tomato Jos
Job description: Tomato Jos is a private equity-backed, fast-growing social enterprise located in Kaduna, Nigeria, that believes in the power of local production for local consumption. Our company aims to supply 10% of the processed tomato market in Nigeria within the next 5 years, sourcing tomatoes from smallholder farmers within our network and making high-quality branded consumer products for Nigeria and West Africa
. We currently work with farmers in the Kaduna area, and we are building a tomato processing facility that was commissioned in 2021, enabling us to make value-add tomato products, including tomato paste and tomato mix
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Quality Assurance Officer
Job Location: Kaduna
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure that production is done with strict adherence to raw material
- Recipes and raw material yield as directed by the Production / Quality Assurance recipe and SOPs.
- Conduct laboratory tests at every needed production stage to meet
- Quality standard as demanded by regulatory authorities.
- Escalate any deviation of the actual from the standard for immediate Control measure.
- Conduct analysis of laboratory results to recommend best practices for quality products.
- Continually carrying out research and development to enhance product quality, and to develop new related products minimum
Qualifications and Experience Required for the Job
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Food Science and Technology, Science Laboratory Technology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, and any other related courses.
- 3 -5 years of relevant working experience in quality assurance / control in FMCG – Savory (special attention on Tomato base Production) industry.
- Vast knowledge in HSE, GMP, QMS, Hygiene, Food safety, etc
- Microsoft suits, internet shuffling, Google sheet, and general computer appreciation.
Additional Qualifications and Experience That Will Set You Apart:
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Research and Development skills.
- A critical thinker and a solution provider.
- The ability to speak Hausa fluently is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Stamina to work round the clock during the peak of the project.
- Ability to run a shift without supervision
- Ability to train lower-skilled employees and to provide leadership to a small crew in assigning tasks and ensuring work quality
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated by the ability to develop and maintain relationships with other team members
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV to:
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest jobs in Nigeria click here.