Job title: Project Coordinator
Company: Action Against Hunger
Job description: About Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Project Coordinator who will be responsible for the coordinating and implementing of Economic & Social Inclusive Recovery Project for the Lake Chad-(RESILAC) activities in the country of intervention, in conjunction with the regional office, the host mission and project partners.
Proposed Start date: September 2021
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Direct Line Manager: Area Coordinator
Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 575,072 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Provide support to the state and national level operation committees and ensure that stakeholders are engaged.
- Integration and cooperation of all technical pillars in the overall implementation strategy at national level.
- Facilitating national governance bodies and developing the project’s influence.
- Planning and monitoring the implementation of the activities of the RESILAC project in Nigeria, its evaluation and its internal and external accountability.
- Reporting to Nigeria Area Coordinator and regional coordination team any major difficulties encountered in implementing the recommendations and / or the necessary adaptation measures.
- Promoting feedback and complaints mechanisms to foster transparency, accountability and ethics of projects, especially among the assisted populations.
- Support the implementation of personnel and population security measures during the implementation of the RESILAC program in Nigeria.
- The project technical conformity with the international rules, guidelines and technical standards as defined with the technical referents of the project.
- Encourage compliance with the Charter and the fight against fraud, corruption and abuse of power; alert the Country Director and regional RESILAC Coordinator in the event of fraud, corruption or abuse of power.
- Timely validation of internal reports and donor reports, as well as project amendments with input from teams.
- Degree in related humanitarian issue
- Level of completed higher education (Postgraduate or above) in project management development (a priority), advocacy or humanitarian studies, international relations or political science.
- Minimum 4 to 5 years’ relevant professional experience in coordinating development activities (a priority) or humanitarian activities in a complex environment.
- Professional experience in supervision of multicultural technical teams and management of and in a consortium will be given positive consideration.
- Fluent English.
- Knowledge of French would be an asset
- Experience in the country project will be given positive.
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
The deadline for this position is Thursday, August 26, 2021.
Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: 575072 per month
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Job date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 00:41:19 GMT