Job title: Software Engineer 5
Company: Dunhill Staffing Systems
Job description: Software Engineer 5
Senior Software Architect – Web Application Development
Our team is looking for a Senior Software Architect to join our Government Training Services Innovation team, focused on the development of new products that support our customers. The primary focus of this role will be to lead architecture development and execution of software development best practices, especially modern web-based applications. These training solutions will support pilots and maintainers across a wide range of aircraft systems in our portfolio to improve the efficiency and quality of student learning. In addition, our web-based application flight line tools help maintainers execute their jobs more efficiently. A successful candidate will need to have excellent teamwork skills, a strong agile product management knowledge, experiences working with high performing software development teams, and a proven track record of successfully architecting customer facing software products. We have doubled down our focus on software excellence to revolutionize software to protect, connect and explore our world and beyond.
The Software Engineer role will meaningfully contribute to the development of integrated training and digital solutions linking existing and future capabilities into customer facing products. Additionally, you will help map the technologies in our portfolio to our customer’s most pressing capability needs, both domestically and internationally. This is a rapidly evolving domain with potential for high visibility impact across our training, digital and analytics portfolio.
Software Engineer Position Responsibilities:
- Defining and communicating a shared technical and architectural vision across an agile release train (ART)
- Prepare and participate in Program Increment (PI) planning
- Works with stakeholders to define technology infrastructure, impacted ART subsystems and interfaces.
- Works with Enterprise Architecture and other stakeholders to deploy apps within established processes, to include IT and security, on pathway to production level deployment
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders to understand architectural runway in support of Features and capabilities.
- Help teams identify and focus on critical technical debt issues
- Passionate about developing new web-based digital solutions
- Communicates well with developers on team and key stakeholders to understand design requirements
- Excels at working in agile software development environment, including scaled agile, with a focus on automated processes
- Mentors team members on software best practices and periodically reviews or contributes to software development
12 months possible extension or conversion to direct hire
The Software Engineer position is open to remote but preference to candidates in the STL area
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Geospatial Science, or other technical degree
- 7+ years of experience with software design, development, debugging, and performing software integration and test
- 5+ years of experience in an agile work environment
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Architect and/or Lead Software Developer
- Experience using DevOps/CI-CD and supporting tools such as Maven, Gradle, and Git
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience creating web-based applications successfully deployed to customers
- Experience with Defense customers, especially aircraft maintenance and / or pilot communities
- Experience with cloud services, web development and simulation experiences
- Experience on Automation and CI/CD techniques and design patterns
- Angular (front end framework)
- Type script (front end programming language)
- SpringBoot (backend framework)
- Kotlin (backend programming language)
- Server Sent Events
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years’ related work experience, Master+12 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.