Job title: Enterprise Desktop Engineer
Company: Marquette University
Job description: The Enterprise Desktop Engineer will design, architect, manage and maintain the desktop computing environment at Marquette University to deliver an exceptional end-user experience that is stable, safe, and current. This role will include research, design, packaging, testing, deployment, and management of Windows and Apple client platforms, desktop software, and mobile device management. The Enterprise Desktop Engineer will evaluate innovative technologies and recommend solutions that improve the end-user experience and meet business needs. Candidate will establish policies and procedures to support automated packaging and deployment of the workstation operating systems, software applications and device management through scripting and endpoint management tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Define and drive the implementation of the endpoint computing strategic roadmap
2. Provide technical expertise in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining the Windows, Apple, and Android end-user device experience for 10,000+ users and 8,000+ endpoints.
3. Work with other technology teams to identify endpoint dependencies and incompatibilities to ensure stable, secured integration of software, services and other architectural updates on Windows and Apple desktop and laptop images.
4. Provide third-level support addressing the most complex end-user issues and service requests. May respond directly to impacted users verbally or in writing. Collaborates with other technology teams to solve problems.
5. Manage group policy objects controlling the workstations and printers in Active Directory.
6. Identify opportunities for improvement in processes and technology based on technology trends and current business challenges.
7. Leverage enterprise-wide tools for automating, monitoring, and managing endpoint support activities, including imaging, packaging of software, and scripting of support tasks.
8. Coordinating with systems team to provide technical expertise in the design, development, automation, improvement, and maintenance of cloud-based labs and other environments.
9. Leverage ITIL ITSM standards and practices in the design, development, and transition of new capabilities, processes, and procedures. Comply with ITS change management policies and data security policies
10. Collaborate in a team environment with IT Services Project Managers to provide resources, plan, and execute project initiatives.
11. Provide world-class customer service and develop relationships with customers at all levels of the university.
12. Other projects as assigned by management
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
At least 5 years of technical experience in engineering, integration, and support of desktop technologies including hardware, software, Windows SCCM/MEMCM, JAMF, imaging and automation, Active Directory, and Group Policy Management.
Proficient knowledge of Windows and Apple operating systems (in all areas build, deploy, support).
Strong application packaging skills utilizing PowerShell and or automation with the goal of producing a single package that can install all required prerequisites on all supported operating systems with the required post-install configuration.
Demonstrate technical competence in an enterprise environment, including adhering to standards, testing, and documentation.
Excellent communication, organization, and prioritization skills.
Ability to troubleshoot complex problems and take swift corrective action to solve the problem.
Proficient in scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell, VBScript, Perl, Ruby, etc.).
Knowledge of endpoint security fundamentals, including CIS benchmarks, system hardening, least privilege access, and separation of duty.
Understanding of Mobile Device administration to manage, monitor, track, and audit mobile devices.
Proficient knowledge of directory services
Proficient knowledge of Azure services
Proficient with Office 365 deployment methods
Experience with the complete removal of desktop applications.
Experience with Windows SCCM/MEMCM, Intune and JAMF configuration management tasks and modifications
Ability to effectively manage time between projects and daily operational tasks
High degree of technical aptitude and a passion to learn new technologies.
Strong focus and commitment to customer satisfaction.
Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from customers, staff, vendors, and outside consultations.
Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Understanding of LAN/WAN network technologies and mobile computing environments.
Understanding of Microsoft Azure environment such as Azure Virtual Desktop, Azure Labs, Azure AD.
Microsoft Certifications in Power Shell Scripting, or System Center Configuration Manager preferred.
ITIL Foundations Certified
Department IT Services
Posting Date 02/10/2022
Special Instructions to Applicants
It is the policy of Marquette University to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
Required Documents * Resume
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*). * * Do you have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience?
- * What is your salary requirement?
- Below $65,000
- $67,501- $70,000
Expected salary: $65000 – 67500 per year
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.