Job title: Assistant Nurse Manager Labor and Delivery FT Days
Job description: About Us
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope – one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care. Our Christian mission, shared vision, common values and focus on whole-person health is our commitment to making communities healthier with a unified system.
Assistant Nurse Manager Labor and Delivery AdventHealth Celebration FT Days RN
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Celebration’s Labor and Delivery:
- Up to $10,000 Sign On Bonus and $3,000 Relocation Bonus Potential for qualified candidates
- Ready to join our OB family? Advent Health Celebration Labor and Delivery Unit is a premier destination for obstetrical care. AH Celebration is a Magnet Recognized campus for nursing excellence. Just 28 miles south of Orlando, Celebration was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida.
- The Labor and Delivery Unit provides Level II Maternity Care for approximately 3,375+ births per year (281+ babies per month). The unit consists of 6 OB Triage rooms, 10 labor rooms, 2 OB ORs and 2 PACU beds. The adjacent units are a 10 bed Level II NICU, a 24 bed Mother Baby Unit and a 13 bed overflow MIU/GYN unit.
- The multidisciplinary OB team is supported 24/7 by on unit OB Hospitalists, Neonatologists/Pediatric Hospitalists and Anesthesiology.
- The OB team has received the AACN BEACON Award for Excellence recognizing top achievement in quality outcomes, patient experience and team engagement.
- AH Celebration is a Baby Friendly designated campus.
- Advent Health for Women is a key part of the Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative’s PROVIDE initiative (reducing primary c-sections) and MORE (reducing maternal opioids). Our team is able to provide virtual classes and tours with our patients and individualized care with our Birth Experience team.
- Other highlights include the Professional Excellence Program, Perinatal Nurse Internship Program, active Unit Practice Council, and our Multidisciplinary Obstetrical Simulation Training.
- By joining this team, you can expect that you will be supported in your role, have opportunities to grow in your profession and have leaders that are invested in your well-being.
Take a peek at our virtual AdventHealth Campus tour below!
- Full Time Days, 7am-7pm with rotating weekends
Up to $10,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required..
- Internal Candidates are not eligible
- Rehires withing 12 months are not elegible
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
You Will Be Responsible For: * Lead the Employees – Has a working knowledge of performance expectations for all employees on the unit.
- Monitors performance of the staff and report’s findings to the nurse manager or takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to make recommendations to supervisor/manager regarding:
- Applicant selection for interview and input into the hiring process after actively participating in the interview process.
- Performance Improvement – Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Support performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Critical Thinking – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties as an ANM
- Supports the planning, organizing, and leading of the unit through application of critical thinking skills
- Business of Healthcare Delivery – Utilizes a working knowledge of health care economics and healthcare public policy as it applies to the delivery of patient care
- Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state, and national level.
- Technology – Demonstrates an understanding of the technology utilized on the unit.
- Is highly knowledgeable in the supply and medication management systems of the unit
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate’s degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Specific experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Prior management experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification
- Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS and NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Professional certification
The ANM is a registered professional nurse who supports the Nurse Manager or Director in overall operations of their assigned unit. Is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The ANM is skilled in coaching, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services to our patient population. The ANM assures quality of care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. Is supportive of change activities on their unit and works to assure implementation of change that may occur. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.