Job title: Principal Advisor
Company: GEMS Education
Job description: Job Description
Job Title Principal Advisor
About the role
We are looking to appoint a Principal Advisor (American/IB curricular) to join our team at the Corporate Technology team of GEMS Education in Dubai, UAE. The successful applicant would spearhead requirements gathering exercises, provide expert educational advice on education technology concepts, best practices, content, design etc. and play a critical role in the implementation of innovative EdTech products & solutions to meet the Educational needs of today & tomorrow. Working alongside our network of schools, you will play an integral role in strengthening GEMS suite of IP products by building/strengthening functionalities catering to other curricula, timetable/scheduling, assessments, SEN and ECA. Job Purpose: Education Subject Matter Expert has the responsibility of fostering and driving the development of innovative EdTech products & solutions for enhanced learning & teaching outcomes, encourage education-related technology adoption and change management initiatives across GEMS Education, promote the use of GEMS IP suite of products & solutions internally & externally and act as a bridge between Education Leadership and Technology teams. The focus for the incumbent will be schools that offer American/IB curricular. Key Responsibilities:
- Provides advisory guidance / collaborates with key stakeholders for education-related technology initiatives roadmap development and implementation plans.
- Liaises with technology and other stakeholders for the idea/functionality implementation; encourages & supports efforts in implementing exponential technologies for advanced learning & teaching capabilities.
- Runs product features/requirements related activities with stakeholders, leads functional requirement definition, works closely with the technology team in designing, testing & implementing advanced learning & teaching propositions.
- Generates and builds momentum for ideas and facilitates bringing in Education view of functionalities in GEMS IP suite of product offerings.
- Enables proper change management, enhance awareness about the GEMS IP product suite and its capabilities.
- Contributes towards the business development of GEMS IP suite of products by acting as change agents across GEMS Education / external entities
- Builds strong relationships across the Education team; manage change and align non-Phoenix schools to Phoenix platform.
- Incorporates continuous improvement in products & solutions through regular feedback sessions.
- Participates in Education related process improvement initiatives by collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Provides advisory guidance on automating repetitive administrative processes to enhance teacher efficiency.
- Provide continuous on-going support through periodic stakeholder management (teachers students, parents and principals).
- Keeps abreast of the emerging and current trends used for technology-enabled education for enhanced learning experience & teaching outcomes.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Masters degree in IT / education-related field.
- Minimum 10 years of teaching experience, 5-7 years must be in IB and/or American Curriculum school(s).
- Strong end-to-end curricula expertise with cross-functional knowledge across multiple areas (assessment, scheduling etc.)
- Well versed in digital content & learning, VLE, classroom technology and curricula specific education apps.
Job date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 07:09:14 GMT