Job title: PHP, WordPress Developer
Company: Swift Communications
Job description: PHP, WordPress Developer
We are seeking an experienced and passionate WordPress developer to join our development team. The developer will work on both the back-end and front-end environments; maintaining our custom WordPress theme and plugins, and custom back-end development as needs arise. A qualified candidate will have 4+ years of PHP & WordPress experience, preferably with WordPress multisite. A working experience with WordPress actions and filters is needed.
Details Compensation: $60,000 – $70,000 per year depending on experience.
Work Schedule: Full time, 8-hour daytime shift, Monday to Friday, Mountain Time
Meeting-free weeks, quarterly company performance bonuses, fun atmosphere
Type of Work / Typical Day
The developer attends morning dev calls, works tickets (break/fix, features) from the weekly sprint, troubleshoots bugs with the team, performs maintenance tasks, commits code to the repo, and tests on the development server. You’ll spend time implementing new features and functionality as well as performing maintenance. There will be opportunities to get creative with problem-solving skills. You’ll interact with the team, discussing design and functionality ideas. At times, you’ll work with the web designer to match visual design intent.
Required residence. This is a 100% remote position, but you are required to have residency in one of the states we do business in. Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Maine, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, Utah
Required Skills (a perfect candidate will have all)
- Strong experience with PHP back-end development (WordPress) (Composer is a plus).
- Recent professional experience managing custom WordPress codebase, 4+ years.
- WP Multi-site, advanced custom fields (ACF), custom post types, hooks, troubleshooting.
- Writing and maintaining PHP classes, functions, plugins, must-use plugins.
- Theme maintenance (code, design).
- Importing posts (WP All Import).
- Working knowledge of React would be a plus, but this is not a React role.
- Working experience with Bootstrap.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
- Proficient in MySQL.
- Familiar with page speed best practices and optimization.
- Ability to review and understand the existing website theme/structure.
- Experience with git, cron, ssh, CSS, sass, rsync.
- Implement and maintain vendor solutions (Gigya, SSO, OpenID Connect).
- Demonstrate aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage your workflow while coordinating with the team and management regarding schedules, requirements, goals, and assignments as needed.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Display a dependable, strong work ethic.
- Able to go with the flow as priorities shift and client requests dictate.
- Able to manage multiple work projects simultaneously.
- Evening or weekend work may be required on rare occasions.
- The candidate must possess a stable, high-speed internet connection and a working cell phone.
- The candidate is responsible for being available online daily during normal business hours (9 am-5 pm Mountain Time).
- System-migration experience is a plus.
- SAP/GIGYA/SSO/OpenID Connect integration experience is a plus.
Why work at Swift Communications?
1. We’re a medium-sized company, so our codebase is established enough to provide structured tasks for the day, but still evolving fast enough to always have something challenging to work on. Our development team works remotely, with the option to work on-site when desired.
2. You’ll make an impact. Our daily news publications host millions of readers/visitors. The work you do will help local communities get their news from a trusted, local source.
Swift Communications is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Expected salary: $60000 – 70000 per year
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.