Job title: Quality Tech II
Job description: Company Overview:
CAIRE is a global engineering solutions and medical device company providing leading oxygen related products to the Healthcare and Industrial/Commercial markets. We support customers in over 100 countries and have operating facilities in the US, Germany, UK, Italy, Japan and China.
In 2018 CAIRE joined NGK/NTK, a global industrial spark plug company with a growing healthcare and environmental portfolio of products. CAIRE is a wholly owned subsidiary of NGK/NTK but operates predominately as an independent company with headquarters just north of Atlanta in Ball Ground, Ga. Read more CAIRE news at .
About the position
The Quality Technician II is responsible for performing quality inspections and testing using hand tools and advanced metrology instruments. The individual must be detailed oriented, performance driven, hands on, have technical understanding and organizational skills. This position works closely with Quality Technicians, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, and Quality Management. This position will report directly to the Production Quality Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs incoming inspection using small hand tools and advance measurement systems such as CMM, Optical comparator, etc.
- Performs FAI’s on new designed products.
- Interpret specifications, product drawings, work instructions and standards
- Identifies defective material and initiates NCRs using Master Control
- Performs containment, root cause analysis, corrective action, and verification activities
- Issues production line Certificates of Compliance (CoC’s)
- Runs reports and researches information using Master Control and E1
- Assist with Calibration and verification of calibrated equipment
- Assist with the revision or launching of Quality procedures and work instructions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organizational Skills
- Collaboration/Communication Efficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Project Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Business Acumen
- Teamwork Orientation/Leadership
This position does not have management responsibilities
This job operates in a professional manufacturing/distribution environment and professional office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a physically active role. This would require the ability to lift, bend or stand as necessary.
Up to 10%
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates degree or technical diploma.
- 1+ year manufacturing experience (medical device preferred)
- Measuring experience with small hand tools such as calipers, height gauge, thread and pin gauges.
- Measuring experience with advance measuring systems such as CMM and comparator.
- Intermediate math skills (weight measurement, volume, distance, multiplication and division, percentage, conversion)
- Intermediate computer skills (conduct basic internet search, create documents, email, create excel spread sheet, export data from Master Control and E1)
- Proven ability to identify, reason and problem solve all non-conformities and deviations
- General to intermediate knowledge of ISO, NIST, ASTM, TAPPI standards
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.