Job title: Data Management, Project Manager
Job description: ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Project Manager, Data Management
*Role can be based in UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Poland, Hungary or South Africa – office or home based.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries.
Overview of Role
To manage the activities of data management studies and staff in a manner that ensures all timeframes and targets are met to the sponsor’s satisfaction and that costs are kept under control.
- Manage and Develop Team Capability
- Oversee the day-to-day activities and task management of the project team to ensure that a focus on quality, budget and timelines on each project is reached and maintained.
- Lead and motivate a team according to organizational goals.
- Manage and appraise all staff under jurisdiction.
- Deliver Project to Quality, Timeline and Budget Requirements
- Plan, implement and deliver the project in accordance with the contract agreed with the sponsor.
- Manage projects in a timely manner in adherence with ICON SOPs, SSPs and appropriate regulations and liaise with other departments and project managers as necessary to achieve this.
- Determine the best method to resolve data errors and inconsistencies.
- Prepare and manage the overall project budget throughout the life cycle of the project, taking overall responsibility for cost control, timelines and project quality.
- Continually review the project contract in order to ensure that any out of scope work is managed promptly and efficiently.
- Background in medicine, science or other relevant discipline and appropriate experience.
- Candidate must have appropriate data management experience
- Ability to manage all aspects of data management study management and solve problems independently.
- Appropriate experience and understanding of at least one clinical data management system (e.g. Rave, Oracle Clinical, Clintrial) and a programming language (e.g. SQL, SAS).
- Ability to successfully lead and manage project team(s).
- Ability to liaise successfully with sponsors.
- Ability and willingness to travel if required
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Location: Dublin, NH
Job date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 04:54:01 GMT
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.