Job title: Outside Sales Manager
Company: Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
Job description: Dolce is now seeking a Outside Sales Manager to join our team at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort location in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The Outside Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues. An Outside Sales Manager must be familiar with GDS Systems, Psuedo-City Codes and three letter designated city codes. He/she is also responsible for month-end reporting and tracking of account production.
Education & Experience
- At least 4 years of progressive hotel sales experience; or a 4yearcollege degree and at least 2 year of related experience; or a 2year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the applicable state.
- Must be skilled in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend daily Wyndham Business Review (WBR) meeting.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e.WynClub parties, sales blitzes, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
- Entertain clients.
- Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is committed to attracting, motivating, and retaining talented team members who align with our company’s core values. We are proud to reward our full time team members with comprehensive benefit programs and resources which include:
- Health insurance with HSA and FSA options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Participation in any of the benefit plans and programs made available to team members is subject to satisfaction of eligibility requirements. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to amend or terminate any benefit plan or program at any time in accordance with applicable law.
Wage Rate: $$55,000- $65,000
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Cheyenne Mountain Resort, 3225 Broadmoor Valley Rd, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
- Bring your best every day
- Put our guests first
- Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
- Best-in-class training and career development
- Supportive and engaged team
- Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Expected salary: $65000 per year
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.