Job title: Operations Manager – Concrete NSW Country
Job description: Boral Concrete is seeking an Operations Manager based in Canberra. This is a role overseeing the daily concrete operations of multiple plants for the Southern NSW & ACT Concrete Business. The role encompasses the Southern Highlands, South Coast including Illawarra, Far South Coast and Australian Capital Territory production areas.
- Ensure all day to day operational targets are achieved including financial, volume and quality
- Develop and communicate business vision with all key stakeholders to ensure aligned engagement and optimised outcomes
- Build and grow the business across the region
- Establish and maintain strategic customer relationships
- Plan, set, monitor and measure employee performance against individual goals and performance indicators.
- Evaluate team effectiveness and coach team members to achieve superior business performance.
- Recognise and reward (within company guidelines/GM approval) superior performance standards and achievements.
- Act quickly and decisively to remove detrimental/ineffective performance standards and poor performance.
- Ensure all staff meet Boral policies, procedures and guidelines, as well as relevant legislative and statutory requirements (eg, Fairness and Equity, Anti-discrimination, Fair Trading, EH&S & Trade Practices).
- To achieve the effective delivery of their respective profit targets through best utilisation of financial, human and capital resources.
- Understand and analyses business performance through use of financial and relevant business reports and reporting systems.
- Budget process: generate, manage, monitor and report on budget performance and performance against set targets
- Relevant industry experience (desirable);
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (highly regarded);
- Strong people skills and communication skills;
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise competing deadlines;
- Experience in a commercial role in large company
- Proven experience in managing a production team that meets or exceeds production budget (volume, cost and profit)
- Experience in estimating and project management.
- Concrete or engineering construction.
- Construction cost control, business improvement, EH&S and industrial relations
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with two divisions; the leading integrated construction materials business of Boral Australia and Boral North America, a building products and fly ash business. Employing more than 17,000 employees and contractors, Boral’s operations span 650 operating and distribution sites globally.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Application closing date: 19 Sep 2021
Location: New South Wales
Job date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 07:23:49 GMT