Job title: Export Control Manager
Company: Schneider Electric
Job description: Schneider Electric has an opportunity for an Export Control Manager in our Boston, MA – Foxboro, MA – Andover, MA – Franklin, TN locations.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position drives the Schneider Electric export control program & compliance through frequent trainings, stakeholders’ engagements and management, monitoring & communicating of regulatory changes and updates as well as implementation of new and continuous improvement of processes. Reports to the Senior Manager of Export Controls, Global Export Control Center of Excellence (CoE). Works within a matrix management representing the Global Export Control Center of Excellence in the Americas region in driving the global export control compliance program.
- Enhance the company’s global export control program as a member of the Global Export Control Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Oversee and provide guidance to the company on the adherence of export control & sanctions regulations and requirements representing the Global Export Control Center of Excellence (CoE).
- Provide regulatory guidance to the company and review export control escalations related to export control screening of restricted parties, export transactions, prohibited end uses and the export of controlled product, technologies, and software.
- Facilitate and support in the preparation and submission of export control & sanctions related licenses and agreements as well as advising on the implementation of technology control plans, export control classification, and other export control & sanctions related procedures and work instructions
- Conduct & support export control reviews, audits or investigations at Schneider Electric sites, and report results to Schneider Electric senior management and lead improvement activities.
- Works closely with Schneider Electric to ensure continuous improvement of all export control related systems, policies, and procedures.
- Provide necessary export control & sanctions training and updates to employees having export control & sanctions compliance functions and personnel at all levels on a frequent basis.
- Advises Schneider Electric sites of new regulations and how they affect business processes.
- Evaluate and support the work of the company’s export control & sanctions compliance support staff in multiple locations.
- Provide guidance & support in inter-functional projects relating to export control & sanctions as applicable, including but not limited to automation of export control regulatory requirements within ERP systems, software or digital tools.
- Identify and report to Schneider Electric any potential violations of export control & sanctions laws and any incidents involving significant weaknesses in processes or procedures.
- Provide Guidance & support related to U.S. Antiboycott Regulations and reporting requirements
- Provide advice & support on internal, external, and government directed export control & sanctions related audits and assessments.
- Attend export control & sanctions seminars/conferences to maintain knowledge on regulatory updates and changes.
- Develop and prepare periodic updates and metrics reports related to export control & sanctions as applicable.
- Provide advice, support and/or back-up in any adhoc export control & sanction projects (e.g. Merger & Acquisition and Divestment, Classification & etc.), activities & discussion at both Corporate & Cross-Region/Country as assigned.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a U.S. Person, as defined by ITAR
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree helpful
- Competent export control/compliance experience required, preferable in a multinational company 3-5 years’ experience preferred.
- Detailed and extensive knowledge and experience of the EAR, ITAR, and OFAC Regulations, including classification, licensing, government reporting and export program development & management.
- Strong regulatory experience in managing the export complexities of encryption controls, software, and technology.
- 25% travel domestically and internationally when required
- Proficiency with Customs, OFAC, BIS, FTR,DOE (a plus) and other relevant export control regulations
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us:
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies:Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.