Oil and Gas Jobs
Job title: Senior Tax Adviser/Manager
Job description: An ideal role for professionals with extensive tax advisory experience with the ability to influence and work with teams who want to be a part of the world’s leading oil and gas brand. Join us and build your core skills in a positive, team-focused environment! Working as part of the Global Tax Organization, you will fully support Shell and Finance’s strategy and priorities, to support our evolving portfolio and mission of helping society get to net zero. As Tax Adviser/Manager, you will report to the Country Tax Manager (CTM) for Nigeria. You will be part of a team that supports Shell Nigeria Tax full-time. Whilst this role has a specific Upstream business focus as a base, the role is however part of a pool of tax resources and so will need to work flexibly as priorities demand.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 10 years
- In accordance with the Tax Management Framework and Controls (TMF&C), your focus will be on managing the Upstream Integrated Gas and Downstream Gas fiscals, along with other Upstream fiscal issues as they arise. Specifically, to lead the provision of local tax advice on the Nigerian Gas Business, to ensure fiscal compliance and effective risk management as well as supporting business objectives & value creation.
- This will involve, amongst others, achieving a sustainable competitive rate of tax for Shell Nigeria Upstream Petroleum operations & gas assets, providing tax services to the Gas Directorate, and ensure effective value chain tax planning in conjunction with other tax advisers. Furthermore, you will support the CTM to provide local tax advice for Nigeria, to ensure fiscal compliance, effective risk management, and in support of business objectives and value creation taking into consideration the impact of future changes in tax legislation on the oil and gas industry.
- You will also assist the CTM in delivering accurate Tax advice and tax assurance submissions. This includes supporting external tax transparency for Nigeria.
- We are keen to hear from tax professionals who have at least 10 years of experience in upstream corporate tax, along with the appropriate educational, technical, and professional qualifications such as ICAN, ACCA, or equivalent.
Beyond that, we would like to see the following on your Curriculum vitae:
- Extensive Local tax experience commensurate with the seniority of the role gained working for another multinational, or a professional firm. This is an individual contributor role.
- Ability in managing tax risks whilst supporting business objectives. Make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business.
- Demonstrated Leadership Attributes commensurate with the seniority of the role.
- Flexibility in undertaking other activities as required.
- Ability to support the partnership with and reliance on Business and Integrated Gas Ventures (IGV) to make judgments on low-risk tax activities (provision of tools, documents, decision trees, etc.).
- Ability to lead high-performing teams and effectively coach and develop people for personal growth.
Tax is committed to supporting flexible working arrangements where feasible, and subject to applicable policy, regulations, and legislative frameworks. If appropriate, please make clear in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered.
Important Safety Tips 1. Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team. 2. If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Job date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 01:15:37 GMT
For more latest Oil and Gas Jobs click here.