Oil and Gas Jobs
Job title: Senior Production Engineer
Job description: Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations in 15 countries, we explore for, develop and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
The Senior Production Engineer role will be responsible for optimizing our Bakken Gas Lift operations at the system level. It will be accountable for monitoring and optimizing existing well production in their assigned well routes, it will provide production engineering technical expertise as well as to identify and pursue optimization opportunities. This can include work related to downhole configuration optimization, artificial lift selection/design, monitoring, failure analysis and surface equipment optimization. Also, they will work closely with field staff supporting their day-to-day operations and facilitate discussion about value upgrades to the operations. The candidate will be encouraged to mentor other stakeholders and travel to Bakken field locations quarterly.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Train engineers and field operations personnel on ConocoPhillips gas lift practices, ranging from tubing designs, well unloading, and troubleshooting guidelines
- Support digital transformation of gas lift system through Bakken Gas Lift Optimization tool to enable Operation by Priority
- Weekly coordination with the Bakken Operations Center (BOC) and other Houston-based and Operations Stakeholders to optimize gas lift injection at the well and facility level
- Conduct well review/optimization meetings with field & operations center staff to find and mitigate significant losses and identify optimization opportunities
- Prepare artificial lift designs for new wells and review workover procedures generated by Intervention Engineers
- Support the execution and improvement of new Production Surveillance & Optimization strategy
- Work with Global Production Subject Matter Experts to improve well failure frequency and well optimization best practices
- Prepare economic evaluations for operating capital and expense production projects
- Pursue operating cost reductions with utilization of data analytics tool and by implementing ideas captured during lifting cost reduction campaign
- Work beside the facilities group to optimize well performance
- Participate in formal lease reviews and defect elimination programs
- Review production and lifting cost metrics tracking and develop measures to mitigate deficiencies
- Collaborate with BOC staff to optimize field performance
- Identify wells to be frac-isolated and prepare downhole frac isolation procedures in their routes.
- Collaborate with other support groups on production operations issues
- Provide support to achieve yearly flare management targets.
- Participate in all safety programs and processes, including BBS, and be a role model for safe practices to other employees and contractors
- Work hand in hand with the asset team to set priorities and ensure work plan alignment
- Travel quarterly to field locations to provide support and troubleshooting
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee or asylee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline or foreign equivalent
- 10+ years of direct experience in production, development and/or completions engineering
- 5+ years of expertise in production engineering and operation activities
- 5+ years of experience with multiple gas lift types including conventional and annular gas lifts
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel 25% of the time on a yearly basis
- 10+ years of production engineering experience
- 5+ years of gas lift experience including gas lift design and surveillance
- 5+ years of experience using integrated modelling tools such as IPM, Reo, etc.
- Strong computer proficiency as well as proficiency in SNAP, OFM, OVS, Rodstar, XSPOC, Wellview, CYGNET, Spotfire and MS Office Suite
- Experience completing production engineering artificial lift related optimization projects
- Proficient with rod pump design and optimization
- Strong dedication to safety and promoting safe work practices
- Experience in field operations including workover and well intervention
- Ability to work well within multi-discipline teams in both office and field environments
- Able to maintain excellent relationships with field operations and offsite development personnel
- Unconventional shale play exposure
- Proficient in developing realistic plans needed to accomplish objectives and team goals
- Able to communicate information across multiple teams and receive consensus on aligning asset goals
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Invites dialogue to gain a shared understanding and influences with confidence to drive performance and achieve business results
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of February 25, 2022.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.