Oil and Gas Jobs
Job title: Operator
Job description: Zenith is as a world-class midstream asset operator. We currently store crude oil, fuel oil, asphalt, refined products, petrochemicals, and vegetable oils at our 25 terminals. Zenith is committed to our core values of safety first, environmental protection, integrity and ethics in business, customer service, employee respect, and well maintained facilities.
Join our team! Zenith is looking for an Operator for our Mechanicsburg, PA Terminal.
The terminal operator is responsible for safely performing all tasks associated with the receiving, storing, blending, sampling, testing, and loading of combustible and flammable liquids. Operators are critical in maintaining quality assurance, community relations, regulatory compliance, customer communications, and asset protection. All operations are done with safety and environmental compliance a top priority.
This position requires the operator to learn and perform all tasks in accordance with Zenith’s HSSE policies and procedures along with adhering to all local, state and federal regulations.
- Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining facility security, facility maintenance and general housekeeping.
- The Terminal operator is responsible for accepting product deliveries, either via pipeline, truck, rail or barge and perform required sampling and testing of all products to maintain quality control.
- Maintain inventory control by physically gauging and sampling all receiving tanks before and after receipts.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of the terminal loading rack and equipment associated with terminal operations and keeping the facility in good working order by utilizing preventative maintenance procedures.
- Conduct daily terminal inspections of the entire facility including truck loading rack, rail siding, pipeline manifolds and dock area.
- Perform routine facility maintenance as needed included but not limited to painting, general housekeeping, snow removal and grounds upkeep.
- Operate, maintain, and repair, or assist in repairing, equipment associated with the bulk handling of petroleum liquids.
- Responsible for communicating to contractors and drivers all safety requirements.
- Be able to effectively communicate with outside agencies such as the USCG and the EPA on situations regarding the facility.
- Perform duties of a first responder in a spill or other emergency situations.
- Correctly complete all required paperwork prior to and after all product receipts.
- Be able to work diligently and follow all safety requirements to prevent product contamination and avoid spills. Perform environmental and regulatory checks (eliminating, containing and reporting all leaks and spills)
- Assist drivers in the loading and unloading of trucks.
- Maintain a good relationship with all terminal customers, responding to their needs or requests as needed.
- Be able to work in a variety of environmental conditions (extreme cold / heat) while wearing appropriate PPE, FR clothing, safety glasses and hard hat.
- Be able to comfortably climb 50’ storage tanks while wearing PPE.
- Manually open and close large valves several times per shift.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and climb etc. for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift normally up to 50 lbs. and occasionally more. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, lift, grasp and pull.
Ability to respond to emergency situations (leaks, spills and fires) by implementing facility response
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Oil and Gas Jobs click here.