Oil and Gas Jobs
Job title: Maintenance Operator Recruitment at BASF West Africa Limited
Company: BASF West Africa Limited
Job description: BASF West Africa Limited – At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Maintenance Operator
Job ID: 64421
Job Location: Lagos, NG
Job Field: Production, Maintenance & Technical Services
Job Conditions: Permanent
What You Can Expect
- The incumbent will be responsible for day-to-day operation of the pyrolysis unit line, implementing safety modifications as deemed fit to the Demo pyrolysis unit, facility maintenance of Waste-2-Chemicals pyrolysis site and mandatory inspections and tests on pyrolysis unit are kept up to date.
Duties will include the following:
- Assist in the operation of the Waste-2-Chemicals demo unit
- Carry out maintenance and engineering works on Waste-2-Chemicals demo unit
- Ensure that the Waste-2-Chemicals pilot demo is clean, safe and in good working order
- Record all non-conforming equipment on a job card
- Carry out all repairs timeously to minimize plant downtime
- Maintenance of pyrolysis equipment, pumps, condenser, distillation unit, generator, electrical and control systems in the laboratory
- Ensure that all mandatory inspections are kept up to date as required by defined protocols
- Keep an accurate record of all jobs done – job cards filed
- Ensure all protective equipment and other equipment are kept clean, neat and tidy
- Supervise sub-contractors working at Waste-2-Chemicals site and ensure work is performed in line with BASF EHS regulations and procedures
- Responsible for Facility Maintenance of the Waste-2-Chemicals pyrolysis site
- Adhere to all Safety Rules and Regulations at the Waste-2-Chemicals laboratory
What We Expect
- A Degree or Higher National Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (Bias in Plant Automation)
- Experience in the chemical industry
- Experience with pump operation, maintenance and process controls system
- Exposure to plant automation and control systems
- Basic building facilities management knowledge
- Basic computer literacy and computer hardware skills
- Valid forklift diver’s license.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Oil and Gas Jobs click here.