Oil and Gas Jobs
Job title: Engineer, Piping – Piping Valves – SME
Company: NES Fircroft
Job description: Job Description NES Fircroft is seeking a Contract Principal level Piping and Valve Engineer for a project with Aker Solutions. Location is Houston, Texas.
Qualified candidates Must be able to work without work authorization assistance now or in the future.
- We are seeking a principal level engineer with a minimum of 15 years of relevant industry experience, mainly in oil and gas but involvement with other industrial sectors will help provide a broader experience base.
- The candidate should have direct experience of specifying and procuring engineered and commodity type piping valves, including ball valves and gate valves.
- The role involves updating the existing JIP33 industry standard specifications for the procurement of ball valves to API 6D and gate valves to API 600 and API 603.
- The updates will include aligning and incorporating feedback from users and suppliers since these were first issued just over 2 years ago.
- Previous supply side experience and field operations are also beneficial, particularly with respect to valve failures, maintenance and replacement activities.
- Background information on the published specifications to be updated can be found here: S-562 Supplementary Requirements to API Specification 6D Ball Valves S-611 Supplementary Requirements to API 600 Steel Gate Valves and to API 603 CRA Gate Valves
- Specifications are developed in a digital application (JAMA) to produce digital ready versions as well as document based specifications.
- Whilst no previous experience of digital specifications is necessary as all training in the application will be provided, Lead SMEs need to be competent in typical office IT applications.
- Location: US, Houston area preferable. Most work is still conducted virtually although there may be a requirement for workshops in person at selected points in the specification development
- Assignment: 12 months, commencing January 2022
- Project Overview The JIP33 program (IOGP-JIP33.org) is delivering standardized procurement specifications that are adopted by the operating companies to reduce variability and complexity in procurement and costs of capital projects.
- The JIP33 program has been active since 2016 and has delivered over 45 specifications covering a wide range of equipment and packages.
- The program is managed through the International Oil & Gas Producers Association (IOGP) with the active participation of 12 funding major Oil & Gas companies (BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Eni, Equinor, ExxonMobil, Saudi Aramco, Shell, Petrobras, Petronas, Total and Woodside).
- Each specification typically comprises of 4 components: supplementary technical requirements to an industry standard, standardized datasheets and information and quality requirements specifications.
- Note that the ball and gate valve specifications do not include a separate standardized datasheet.
- Aker Solutions have been engaged since the start of Phase 2 in 2017 and have provided Project Management services as well as Lead SMEs from across our global operations (UK, Norway, India, KL, Canada and USA).
- The LSMEs work on a full time basis as the prime authors for their respective equipment specifications but also work in collaboration with SMEs from the participating operations
Skills and Levels Description:
General Skills and Requirements:
- Typically would be principal engineering level with engineering experience with involvement in specifying and procuring relevant items
- Package or Purchase Order responsible engineering experience for the respective equipment (i.e. engineered and commodity valves for the oil and gas sector)
o Ideally in various global regions and different end users
o Experienced through all phases from long and shortlisting, tendering, evaluation, and post order management through to delivery
o Development of project specific or contractor corporate equipment specifications
o Experienced in defining the associated information and quality requirements for the package, via engagement with Quality and Information Management experts
- Technically confident to project their knowledge and experience effectively without being deferential to OpCo positions.
- Field engineering experience dealing with maintenance, repairs or refurbishment of valves would be advantageous
Bachelors in Engineering
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Oil and Gas Jobs click here.