Oil and Gas Jobs
Job title: Ab/Crane Operator – Cut Off, LA
Company: Helix Resources
Job description: We are now accepting resumes/applications for EXPERIENCED AB/Crane Operator for facilities in the Gulf of Mexico & surrounding waters. Duties/Responsibilities may/may not be limited to the following:
- Job Scope:
- The Crane Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation and general maintenance of the various cranes located on the drilling rig. He/she is responsible for safety and efficiently lifting and moving/relocating equipment, containers, pipe, systems, groceries and various materials and supplies utilized in the operations and daily functions of the drilling rig. This includes offloading and back-loading of personnel, equipment and supplies, etc. from water vessels as well as moving heavy or bulky materials throughout the rig, various storerooms and to and from the rig floor and work area. The Crane Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient work of the Roustabouts as well as for the supervision and training of the Roustabouts who provide the maintenance on the rig, relief to the Floorhands and manpower/labor for crane operations.
- Responsible for using emergency, lifesaving, damage control, and safety equipment on a merchant ship, performing general maintenance, repair, and sanitation duties, and standing watch to ensure the ship maintains a steady course.
- Requirements for Position:
- Merchant Mariner Credential
- AB Endorsement
- RFPNW Endorsement
- STCW Endorsement
- Up to date crane certification
- Required Skills:
- Proven experience offshore
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Excellent Hand-eye coordination
- Ability to follow instructions closely
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Good physical condition and endurance
- Knowledge of OSHA Regulations, and ANSI Standards in crane operations
- Crane Operator Duties:
- Operating cranes to lift, move or place equipment and materials
- Operate a variety of material-moving equipment daily according to schedule and instructions from project manager, choosing and setting up the right crane, lift or hoist to complete each task safely and efficiently
- Inspect machines and equipment daily, perform routine maintenance procedures and minor repairs as required and initiate additional repair requests from mechanics when necessary
- Control cranes, lifts and other equipment using standard operating procedures to ensure effective transportation of materials and safety for all personnel on site
- Assembling tower cranes on-site
- Maintain visual and radio contact with ground operators according to best practices and site safety regulations, and respond to questions and instructions clearly and quickly
- Provide additional support to other crane operators as necessary, including working overtime to complete tasks, operating several types of equipment and training or monitoring junior operators
- Performing routine crane maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating
- AB Duties:
- Performs following tasks on board ship to watch for obstructions in vessels path and to maintain equipment structures.
- Stands watch at bow or on wing of bridge to look for obstructions in path of vessel
- Stand watch as helmsman and lookout.
- Navigate ship and maintains visual communication with other ships.
- Measures depth of water in shallow or unfamiliar waters, using leadline and telephones or shouts information to bridge.
- Turns wheel on bridge or uses emergency steering apparatus to steer vessel as directed by Mate, Ship .
- Breaks out, rigs, overhauls, and stows cargo-handling gear, stationary rigging, and running gear.
- Overhauls lifeboats and lifeboat gear lowers or raises lifeboats with winch or falls.
- Paints chips rust on deck or superstructure of ship.
- Maintain ship’s metal structures by chipping, scraping, cleaning, priming, and painting.
- Operate deck machinery, such as the windlass or winches while mooring or unmooring, and to operate cargo gear.
- Performs general housekeeping and maintenance duties as directed.
- Clean, maintain, and repair the hull, decks, superstructure, cargo gear, and smoke stack.
- Use emergency, lifesaving, damage control, and safety equipment.
- Perform all operations connected with the launching of lifesaving equipment.
- Mange housekeeping activities when requested.
- Maintain the work area clean, safe and organized.
- Assist in waste disposal and recycling activities
- Cleanup work area and equipment after work is completed.
- Execute daily work instructions received from Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Work effectively to meet or exceed productivity goals while maintaining high quality standards.
- Practice safety procedures in accordance with training and guidelines when working.
- Comply with company policies and legal guidelines, helping to maintain a safe and orderly work environment
- Meet quality and performance requirements as outlined by quality assurance and production standards
- Report safety hazards, quality, and production issues to management immediately
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 LBS
- Working and living on a remote, confined, work place for a lengthy time, sometimes as long as four weeks.
- Working for 12 hour workdays or nights.
- Working uninterrupted work schedules that includes holidays.
- Traveling to work throughout the Gulf Coast Region.
- May sometimes be on stand by while waiting for a new job assignment.
- May be transported by helicopter or boat to and from the job site.
- Ability to work in varying hot and cold environments
- Ability to work in cramped and/or confined spaces when required
- Ability to work in an environments with exposures to dust, dirt and various other debris, metal and paint fumes, gases
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, squat, or kneel regularly, as well as climb stairs and ladders to complete tasks
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass drug and physical
- Weekly Pay
- Pay Schedule: Monday – Sunday
- 14/14 Rotation
- Duration of Job: Temp to Hire
Tasks beyond those listed above will be asked of you, so a positive, can-do attitude is required.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Oil and Gas Jobs click here.