Job title: OB Hospitalist- Certified Nurse Midwife Full-time Position AdventHealth Orlando
Job description: About Us
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope – one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care. Our Christian mission, shared vision, common values and focus on whole-person health is our commitment to making communities healthier with a unified system.
OB Hospitalist- Certified Nurse Midwife
The Hospital-Based Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)/ Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) functions in the specialty area of obstetric medicine in an expanded role to manage a caseload of patients with consultation, collaboration and general supervision from a physician in a hospital-based role. This care is provided within the APRN’s specialty area and setting, and scope of practice. Utilizing the extensive knowledge of pathophysiology, pharmacology and physiology acquired, exercises independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of certain delegated medical processes and procedures. The Hospital-Based APRN is additionally involved in education, consultation and research at various levels.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women in OB ED.
- Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including labor and delivery care, care after birth, and newborn care.
- Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
- Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
- Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
- Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
- Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
- Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
- Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
- Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
- Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of midwifery principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
- Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
- Schedule is as needed basis, schedule is available 3 months in advance
- Participation in Holiday rotation required
Education and Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing with Midwifery Certification
- 1-3 years as midwife in hospital setting
- Minimum three years of experience as RN including Labor and Delivery in a high-risk center
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Certification of Nurse Midwifery (CNM) program accredited by American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).
- Current BLS and ACLS
- DEA Licensure (Preferred but not required)
, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Florida Hospital for Women boasts a new 12-story, 332 bed tower which houses some of the area’s most advanced women’s services. This brand-new facility includes 13 operating rooms with robotic capabilities. The AdventHealth for Women health network includes a host of extended care facilities supported by all our central Florida trusted hospitals.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Overseas Jobs click here.