Nigerian Police Recruitment
If you want to apply for the Nigeria Police Recruitment, continue reading to see what you have to do below.
The Nigeria Police has today announced through its verified Twitter handle that recruitment for Police Constables has started today, the 29th of November 2018. If you want to apply see the instructions below. Also, Application is FREE and must be submitted online.
Nigeria Police Force, NPF
The Nigeria Police Force (NPF) is known as the principal law enforcement and the chief security agency in Nigeria. NPF was established in 1820. It has a staff of about 372,000 and there are also plans to boost the work force to over 650,000. The government agency is presently headed by Adamu Muhammed as the Inspector General (IG). Further, the force is made of 36 state commands which are grouped into 12 zones and 7 administrative units.
Nigerian Police Ranks
The 1999 constitution designated the Nigerian Police (NP) as the national police of Nigeria with exclusive jurisdiction throughout the country. The Nigeria Police Force rank from ‘Police Recruit’ to the ‘Inspector General of Police, IGP’. The ranks in the Nigeria Police (in descending order) are as shown below:
- Inspector General
- Deputy Inspector-General of Police
- Assistant Inspector-General of Police
- Commissioner of Police
- Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Chief Superintendent of Police
- Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Assistant Superintendent of Police
- Inspector of Police
- Sergeant Major
- Lance Corporal
Nigeria Police Departments
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) is the highest criminal investigation arm of the Nigeria Police Force, NPF. The Department is headed by a Deputy Inspector-General (DIG). The CID is divided into sections, with most of them headed by Commissioner(s) of Police (CP). The sections in CID are as outlined below:
- Central Criminal Registry (CCR)
- Anti-Fraud Section
- Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS)
- General Investigation
- Special Fraud Unit (SFU)
- Forensic Science Laboratory
- Legal Section
- Interpol Liaison
- Anti-Human Trafficking Unit
- Force Intelligence Bureau (FIB)
- DCI Kaduna Annex
- Counter Terrorism Unit (CTU)
Nigerian Police Salary Structure
|S/N||Ranks & Grade Level||Monthly Salary|
|2a||Police Constable Grade Level 03||₦43,293.83|
|2b||Police Constable Grade Level 10||₦51,113.59|
|3a||Police Corporal on Grade Level 04 (1)||₦44,715.53|
|3b||Police Corporal on Grade Level 04 (10)||₦51,113.59|
|4a||Police Sergeant on Grade Level 05 (1)||₦48,540.88|
|4b||Police Sergeant on Grade Level 05 (10)||₦55,973.84|
|5a||Sergeant Major on Grade Level 06 (1)||₦55,144.81|
|5b||Sergeant Major on Grade Level 06 (10)||₦2,204.88|
|6a||Cadet Inspector on Grade Level 07 (1)||₦73,231.51|
|6b||Cadet Inspector on Grade Level 07 (10)||₦87,135.70|
|7a||Assistant Superintendent of Police on Grade Level 08 (1)||₦127,604.68|
|7b||Assistant Superintendent of Police on Grade Level 08 (10)||₦144,152.07|
|8a||Assistant Superintendent of Police on Grade Level 09 (1)||₦136,616.06|
|8b||Assistant Superintendent of Police on Grade Level 09 (10)||₦156,318.39|
|9a||Deputy Superintendent of Police on Grade Level 10 (1)||₦148,733.29|
|9b||Deputy Superintendent of Police on Grade Level 10 (10)||₦170,399.69|
|10a||Superintendent of Police on Level 11 (1)||₦161,478.29|
|10b||Superintendent of Police on Grade Level 11 (10)||₦187,616|
|11a||Chief Superintendent of Police on Grade Level 12 (1)||₦172,089.06|
|11b||Chief Superintendent of Police on Grade Level 12 (08)||₦199,723.96|
|12a||Assistant Commissioner of Police on Grade Level 13 (1)||₦183,185.73|
|12b||Assistant Commissioner of Police on Grade Level 13 (10)||₦212,938.96|
|13a||Deputy Commissioner of Police on Grade Level 14 (1)||₦242,715.65|
|13b||Deputy Commissioner of Police on Grade Level 14 (07)||₦278,852.79|
|14a||Commissioner of Police on Grade Level 15 (1)||₦266,777.79|
|14b||Commissioner for Police on Grade Level 15 (06)||₦302,970.47|
|15||Assistant Inspector General of Police||₦499,751.87|
|16||Deputy Inspector General of Police||₦546,572.73|
|17||Inspector General of Police||₦711,498|
NPF Recruitment 2021
Furthermore, there are many things you need to understand about Nigeria Police before you apply. In case you’ve not known before, the Nigeria Police Recruitment application form is free. You are also advised, not to pay anyone. However, if forced, be sure to report the individual to the closest police station nearest to you.
Join Nigeria Police
Some of the most asked questions about the Nigeria Police Recruitment include:
- Is Nigeria Police 2021 job application form out?
- Any Latest vacancies at Nigeria Police near me?
- Where can I obtain the 2021 Nigeria Police Recruitment form?
- When will Nigeria Police start 2021 Recruitment?
- I need Nigeria Police 2021 Recruitments updates,
- How can I apply for the Nigeria Police Recruitment 2021?
Just to list but a few. Because of these questions, we decided to create this page to enlightened you regarding the Nigeria Police 2021 Recruitment.
Please note that passmaga.com is only trying to help you get the information you need to apply for the Nigerian Police Recruitment Exercise. Moreover, we are not an agent to the Nigerian Police. To clarify, we do not charge money for the information/help we provide.
In addition, PassMaga.com do not and will never ask you to pay any money whatsoever and for whatever reason for this Nigerian Police Recruitment help. Also, all the information here is directly from Nigerian Police and not from us or any other third party. THE APPLICATION IS FREE.
Follow the instruction below to apply for the Nigeria Police.
Nigeria Police Form Application Requirement
- Nationality: Be a Nigerian citizen by birth and possess National Identification Number (NIN)
- Age: Must not be less than 18 years of age or more than 25 years of age.
- Education: Must have an O’ Level certificate at least five credits passes in Mathematics and English Language in not more than two sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
- Character: Must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence.
- Height: Must not be less than 1.67 metres in height for men and 1.64 metres for women.
- Chest Measurement: Must not have less than 86 cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for men only).
- Physical Features: Must not have any one of the following abnormalities or deformities:
Speech Impediment, Knock Knees, Bow Legs, Bent Knees, and Flat Feet. Others also include Deformed Hands which cannot perform the full functions of the hand, Tattoos, and Bodily Scars. In addition, Defective Eyesight or Squint Eyes, Amputation of any part of the body, Gross Malformation of teeth, and Protruding Navel.
- Pregnancy: Must not be pregnant at the time of Recruitment.
- Financial Status: Must be free from any pecuniary embarrassment.
- Guarantors’ Form: Must Download and fill the Guarantors’ Form, presenting verifiable references from any two of the following:
- Traditional Rulers,
- Local Government Chairman,
- Heads of Educational Institutions attended,
- Career Civil Servant not below the rank of Grade Level 12,
- Police Officer not below the rank of CSP,
- Military Officer not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
- Possession of a valid National Drivers’ License is an added advantage.
NOTE: All candidates must undergo medical examination before final selection.
How To Apply for The Nigeria Police Recruitment
If you want to apply for Nigeria Police Recruitment, follow the steps below carefully and note that All applications must be submitted ONLINE.
- You MUST have a functional Email Address and Mobile Phone Number before you begin your application.
- Visit www.policerecruitment.ng
- Fill and SUBMIT the Online Form. (Review the information before final submission).
- Ensure that you print out the information that is sent automatically to your Email, and do not forget to copy and save your REGISTRATION NUMBER for future correspondences. The NUMBER is case sensitive please.
- You would be required to present a hard copy of email message sent to you if you are shortlisted and contacted for the next stage of the recruitment process.
NPF Job 2021: Things To Note
i. No email and/or phone number can be used more than once in this application.
ii. Applicants with multiple applications would be disqualified.
iii. The Nigeria Police Force shall not enter into any correspondences with candidates or on behalf of candidates in this exercise aside this portal or candidates email/telephones
IMPORTANT WARNING: PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL IN THE COMMENT SECTION. WE SUSPECT THAT CRIMINALS AND FRAUDSTERS MIGHT BE USING THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO CONTACT YOU SUPPOSEDLY ON BEHALF OF PASSMAGA OR THE NIGERIA POLICE. PLEASE, DO NOT ATTEND TO THEM. IF WE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE RECRUITMENT, IT WILL BE POSTED HERE. WE’LL NEVER CONTACT ANYBODY DIRECTLY. THANKS
Always visit passmaga.com to get the latest update about Nigerian Police Recruitment exercises. In case you don’t like to work in the Nigerian police force, you can also check our career post on the Federal Fire Service Recruitment and the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment to mention but a few.
In conclusion, if you think this information is important, please share it with your friends. You can do so by clicking any of the share buttons below.