Jobs in Canada
Job title: MUA Makeup Artist
Company: Blo Milton
Job description: All of us at Blo Milton take the health and safety of our employees very seriously. We have implemented policies in place for our employees to follow to ensure safety remains the top priority. These measures include constant hand washing, wearing masks in the bar, using hand sanitizers, limited guests inside and following strict disinfecting protocols for all stations and equipment used before and after each guests.
Why you’ll love us:
- Blo is the industry leader, with over 100 North American locations and growing.
- Blo is a recognized brand with an international presence in the hair and beauty industry.
- Amazing product partnerships including: UNITE hair care and Glo Skin Beauty, who support and love our salon staff as much as we do.
- Dedicated to our extended Blo family. We offer our staff ongoing training, educational programs, product knowledge, skill development and career advancement opportunities for hairstylists.
Why We Will Love You
- A certified/licensed makeup artist with experience in applying makeup
- Passionate about the beauty industry and what’s on trend
- Knowledgeable on makeup consultation, application techniques and skin care
- Expert in color matching across all skin tones
- Able to create a personalized makeup application for each gust
- Can work weekends and are flexible with scheduling
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proactive and collaborative team player with a great work ethic
- Friendly, approachable and an excellent listener
- Mature, tactful and knows how to diffuse a tense situation and turn a good experience into a great one
- An individual that is able to adapt to changing environments; someone who has experienced (and enjoyed) contributing to and implementing new approaches and processes with hair and makeup stylists
- Perform makeup applications on guests from Blo’s Signature Makeup Menu, in addition to custom makeup applications, including Bridal
- Become a product knowledge expert of Glo Skin Beauty (Blo Blow Dry Bar’s chief makeup partner) and complete certification
- Receive valuable ongoing education through Blo’s partnership with Glo Skin Beauty
- Have the opportunity to perform off-site services (Blo on the Go) including cross-promotional events and pop-ups
- Work in a sleek, modern blow dry bar alongside a passionate and dedicated team of hair and beauty experts
- Behave as a brand ambassador for Blo in each interaction with co-workers and guests. You will live the “Blo Hearts You” motto, making sure that everyone feels the love!
You Must Have
- 1-2 years of professional experience applying makeup
- Salon industry experience (or working knowledge)
- Passion for the hair and beauty industry
- The ability to work weekends (Fridays and Saturday) and be flexible with your schedule (must be able to work peak hours as determined by the bar, typically Thursday through Saturday)
Visit for the skinny. And check out our Instagram @blo_milton
Expected salary: $15 – 30 per hour
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest jobs in Canada click here.