Job title: MEAL Officer
Company: Action Against Hunger
Job description: About Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a MEAL Officer who will primarily be responsible for leading data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by Child Development Grants Programme, Action Against Hunger in Northern Nigeria
Proposed Start date: September 2021
Location: Dutse, Jigawa State
Direct Line Manager: Meal Manager
Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 260, 244 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Develop and update/pre-test quality assurance checklist tools for M&E team in collaboration with M&E DPM and project staff.
- Provide support to the review and development of M&E systems for new projects, in collaboration with M&E DPM and projects teams at the field level
- Support teams to pilot data collection tools and integrate the findings into the final tools by providing feedback/error reports to the M&E DPM.
- Train and manage the M&E Field Staff to carry out regular M&E functions, ensuring that all HR procedures and policies are respected.
- Provide oversight of field monitoring activities and conduct data quality assurance.
- Ensure timely and quality data collection, inclusive of needs assessments, household registration, baseline/end line surveys, PDMs, KAP surveys, and others.
- Ensure timely and quality data entry, analysis, and interpretation by working closely with the program, tech, and M&E teams.
- Proactively identify good practices based on M&E findings and encourage utilization of data.
- Degree in M&E, Economics, international development, statistics, public health, demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF aims, values and principles
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Fluency in English and Hausa (both written and spoken skills)
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
The deadline for this position is Wednesday, August 25, 2021.
Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: 260244 per month
Location: Dutse, Jigawa State
Job date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 23:43:47 GMT