Job title: Manager – Land Access & Approvals | WA Iron Ore & Nickel West | Perth | Permanent
Job description: About BHP
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Manager – Land Access & Approvals West (Iron Ore, Nickel West and Minerals Exploration West). The successful candidate will be an experienced professional who will lead a diverse team with broad responsibilities across our Western Australian Operations & Exploration tenements.
Reporting to the Minerals Australia Head of Studies, Access & Heritage, you will be responsible for:
- Development of all Major Approvals strategies (tenure, environmental approval requirements, heritage, acquisitions etc.);
- Project Management and co-ordination of Major Approvals (including progress and cost);
- Managing BHP’s land holdings including mining tenure, pastoral leases, State Agreements and negotiating Access Agreements;
- Leading a team of professionals across various disciplines
- Managing all Spatial Data for the businesses;
- Identifying and resolving competing business priorities and potential synergies in approvals and to support Government engagement.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in law, commerce, engineering, science or related discipline (preferred)
- Knowledge of relevant mining, environmental and other key development approval legislation and procedures;
- Previous Leadership & management experience in tenement, approvals, commercial, legal or related fields
- Demonstrated experience in working in and managing multi discipline, business wide teams
- Confidence engaging in complex negotiations with government agencies, competitors and communities;
- Experience with business planning, studies and project development processes
- A passion for building relationships and developing teams
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by inclusivity and diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is enabled, treated fairly and with respect . We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 41119
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial application process.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
Job date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 05:08:03 GMT