Job title: Management Information System Officer At Action Against Hunger
Job description: Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Management Information System Officer
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Experience Level: Mid Level
Proposed Start date: September 2021
Direct Line Manager: Management Information System Manager
Company Overview / Job Description
- Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
- The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Management Information System Officer who will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the Jigawa Maternal and Child Cash Grant programme.
- Participate in the development of additional new databases, templates, guidelines and checklists for data collection, collation and analysis and reporting in liaison with partners, programme managers and coordinators when the need arises.
- Support on-going MIS systems adjustment and adaptation as well as monitoring and evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) in coordination with the project management team and other partners.
- Take a lead in data storage, processing, retrieval and reporting to project management team and key community stakeholders in consultation with the Technical Coordinators and Directors
- Undertake regular visits to all JMCCG operational LGAs to support technical capacity in usage and management of MIS and its associated technology.
- Generate MIS related reporting on trends in JMCCG context and progress (using graphs, pie charts, bar charts etc) for internal and external reporting in consultation the ministry.
- Train local field staff, state government stakeholders and key community beneficiaries in how to establish and use simple MIS in coordination with the project management team. Also build capacity of JMCCG staff through on the job-training, mentoring, shadowing and technical support to ensure MIS compliance.
- Where necessary represent ACF internally in community and state level MIS forums on issues related to information management system, MEAL and reporting (consortia, alliances and clusters).
- In consultation with the FSL Program Manager, participate in FFP based technical discussion and sharing forums during the visit of other project stakeholders (SEMA, donor representative(s) etc) to the project sites.
- Participate in Abuja-based MIS planning, training and sharing forums as appropriate.
- Degree in IT, MIS or related field. Higher level Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with donor funded programming.
- experience working with donor funded programming.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word).
- Proven ability to create management information systems for large amounts of data within a complex program.
- Knowledge and experience in using database specific software.
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
Minimum Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- NGN260,244 per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply
Expected salary: 260244 per month
Location: Dutse, Jigawa State
Job date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 02:59:09 GMT