Jobs in USA
Job title: Special Programs Employment Specialist – 2021-22 – Student Services
Company: Salem-Keizer Public Schools
- Special Programs Employment Specialist – 2021-22 – Student Services JobID: 5436
- Position Type:
Classified – Department – Based
- Date Posted:
STUDENT SERVICES (012)
To improve student achievement by assisting a licensed teacher in identifying, planning and implementing educational/employability services for identified students including those on IEP. 504, modified diploma and at-risk programs.
The Youth Transition Program (YTP) Specialist serves as liaison between the school district, Vocational Rehabilitation (VR), and the University of Oregon, for the purposes of increasing positive employment outcomes for students experiencing disabilities. Essential duties unique to a YTP Specialist include: * Identifying and referring Participants to VR; and, as necessary or as requesting by VR, assisting VR in referring Participants to other employment related sources of assistance.
- For each Participant, gathering and providing school documentation of disability, and key informant information, and other relevant information that can be found in the Participant’s Summary of Performance and/or IEP to assist VR in determining the Participant’s eligibility for VR services and identifying the Participant’s vocational goals and supports
- Assist Participants in application with VR to acquire transportation in order to keep appointments to assess their eligibility and determine their priority for services. Assist with transportation for non-wait listed Participants in order to keep appointments to access Independent Plan for Employment services.
- Coordinate with VR and Participants for additional disability assessment or career exploration activities needed to develop a Participant’s Individual Plan for Employment
- Provide referral and access to individualized and group activities beyond the training or resources that are available to the general Participant body. Examples include job clubs, community-based work experience, work skill development, job coaching, community mobility training, selection or enrollment in post-secondary training, arranging for long-term employment etc.
- Provide Follow-Up Activities for 12 months following Participant’s completion or termination of campus based secondary schooling activities, to ensure access to needed resources required for success in post-secondary training or employment.
- Collect and report data to VR and University of Oregon YTP Technical Assistance Team to document Participant progress toward completion of activities related to IEPs and Individualized Plans for Employment.
- Meet with Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor as requested by VR to provide updated information on Participant progress and status of completion of secondary school, employment, or post-secondary activities
Hours per day: 7
Status: Limited term, ASAP – June 30, 2023
Hourly Range: $19.46 – $24.83
Application Procedure: Apply online
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact Human Resources to discuss your application. Preference will be given to those applicants with work or lived experience with culturally, linguistically and racially diverse communities.
Salem-Keizer School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Expected salary: $19.46 – 24.83 per hour
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Jobs in USA click here.