Jobs in UK
Job title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job description: VANRATH is delighted to be assisting a highly-renowned NI organisation in the recruitment of a Senior Quantity Surveyor for their Belfast offices. This is a permanent job opportunity, and the successful candidate will work closely alongside the commercial manager within infrastructure and projects.
This role will suit an experienced QS with a background in heavy civil engineering projects and working knowledge of New Engineering and Construction Contracts.
- Provision of cost and contract management services in support of construction project planning and delivery
- Cost estimations, tender preparations, cost and value management, contract management
- Advising project teams on development of project procurement and contracting strategies
- Management of the procurement of professional service, supply and works contracts
- Checks and audits in aid of providing assurance on compliance with approved cost, value, etc.
- Responsibility for valuations checks and approvals
The Ideal Person:
- 5+ years’ Quantity Surveyor experience
- Working experience within heavy civil engineering projects
- Strong working knowledge of cost estimations/cost planning, preparing tenders, tender/pricing analysis
- Chartered Surveyor status and degree-level educated in QS, Construction Management or relevant discipline
- Can lead project teams and confidently liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Risk and value management experience is desirable but not essential
- Have experience negotiating with suppliers and stakeholders
- Very competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent overall benefits package
For further information on this vacancy, or any similar vacancies in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Job Reference: CH-090921_1631182872
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Skill: , , ,
Civil Engineering Projects, Contract Management, Project Management, Quantity Surveyor Job Closing Date 7th October 2021
Job Reference CH-090921_1631182872
At VANRATH we fully recognise that making a career change can be a huge step. We will endeavour to support you through every stage of the recruitment process from an initial discussion of your career aspirations, to the security of your new position.
Keep up to date with VANRATH by following us on LinkedIn:
8th Floor, Victoria House
15-27 Gloucester Street Belfast, BT1 4LS
T 028 9033 0250
ROI T +353 1526 7487
VAT Registration No. 788 4039 84 Lincoln Recruitment Limited Registered Northern Ireland No. 41548 Registered Office: 8th Floor, Victoria House, 15-27 Gloucester Street, Belfast, BT1 4LS
Job date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 07:51:55 GMT
For more latest Jobs in UK click here.