Jobs in UK
Job title: Porter – NHS
Job description: Due to increased vacancy flow Randstad are currently recruiting for Porters across East Kent and we like to hear from you
- Position: Porter
- Location: Canterbuty, (Kent and Canterbury Hospital)
- Hourly rate: £9.58 (rate enhancements for weekends, nights and bank holidays)
- Duration: 6 months+
- Hours: Flexible working (10 – 37.5hrs week)
- Randstad contact: The NHS team on 01622 357230 (option 3)
The Porter role:
You will be required to complete several tasks, varying from transporting patients, medical gas cylinders, equipment, furniture, pharmaceutical and pathology items, as well as linen, mail and refuse and other items on request
- Transporting patients in wheelchairs, beds, and stretcher trolleys.
- Document, and transport goods and records to relevant departments.
- Report any safety hazards, accidents, loss and theft to relevant managers.
- Communicate effectively with relevant management and other departments
- Clean areas after use up to standard.
- Following all health and safety policies when maneuvering, specifically when required to complete any lifting.
- Follow and upkeep good personal and company hygiene standards.
- Follow specific schedules and make sure tasks are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Complete tasks on an adhoc basis at request.
- Previous experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a flexible approach
- Customer service skills essential
- Health and safety awareness
- Good communication with management, departments and patients.
- Flexible attitude and strong work ethic
- Relevant experience in the same or a similar role.
- Eligible to work in the United Kingdom
- 2 current proofs of address.
- An enhanced DBS (or willingness to undergo one)
- Happy to undergo relevant training including clinical and and non-clinical along with food hygiene
- Access to transport will be an advantage when applying for this role.
Why work for us?
- All necessary training provided by us, with opportunities for other training and development
- Access to great discounts with top highstreet retailers
- Long term work opportunities
If you are interested please call the team on 01622 357230 (option 3) for more information or apply today!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Expected salary: £9.58 per hour
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest Jobs in UK click here.