Jobs in Nigeria
Job title: Iss Qi Specialist – Ihp At Palladium Group – Yauri
Job description: Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ISS QI Specialist – IHP
Job ID: req11663
Location: Yauri, Kebbi State.
- Provide technical guidance on service and quality improvement that is sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of the State and USAID
- Provide technical leadership, and build local capacity using proven training approaches and quality improvement methodologies.
- Provide trainings (providers and training of trainers) as well as follow-up support and clinical mentoring as necessary for QI at primary health care facilities.
- Support service/quality improvement efforts, approaches and tools at IHP – public and private primary health care State sites.
- Advocate with State Ministry of Health for adoption of new evidence based quality improvement (QI) best practices at health facilities in project sites.
- Advocate with other ministries, community, NGO’s, and religious leaders to support and promote service/quality improvement components.
- Ensure quality program implementation consistent with MOH Nigerian Guidelines, global best practices and USAID Nigerian Strategic Directions.
- Coordinate with the other members of the technical team and NGO partners to develop and implement feasible facility and community-based approaches.
- An experienced Midwife / Nurse or any other closely related health care professional; other related courses (e.g. MPH, MSC or other relevant degree) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in working directly with senior government officials and policy makers in RMNCH.
- Experience working with partners, organizations, and institutions
- A broad variety of programmatic, administrative, financial, and computer skills (including Word Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access), which may need to be acquired through very quick learning.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with African experts and partners in developing technical materials and providing training to improve service delivery, advocacy and resource mobilization for expanding quality improvement of RMNCH services.
- Experience with technical competence for programs funded by USAID and/or other donor programs in developing countries, with significant Nigeria experience.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
- Ability to communicate in the local language and good knowledge of the terrain.