Jobs in Nigeria
Job title: Commodity Trade Operator (WAF)
Company: Imperium Commodity Search
Job description: Imperium Commodity Search is pleased to be assisting a Global Oil Supply & Trading company in their current expansion plans. The business Head officed in Europe has built a strong presence within the International trade of Oil and Products becoming the partner of choice across West Africa. We are currently in search for an experienced Physical Commodity Trade Operator to join the team in Lagos, the team covering WAF and Sub-Saharan region has established long term relations and supply contracts within the regions focused on Gasoline/Gasoil and related products. The company has over two decades of experience within the global oil markets delivering supply chain solutions across the globe to support their trading activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Physical Oil (Gasoil / Gasoline) operations across WAF & Sub-Saharan Regions.
- Working closely with Traders to ensure all physical trades across Gasoline / Gasoil are executed efficiently and timely.
- Handle relations with Banks / financial institutes / 3rdParties in relation to letters of credit (LC’s).
- Work closely with Internal Back office and Finance team to ensure all operations task are completed compliantly and effectively.
- Manage relationships with external shipping agencies, charterers, logistics firms, End Users and Customers across Oil Products.
- Ensure best practice for all trade documentations adhering to different regulations and logistical Scenarios across various WAF countries.
- 5+ years’ working within an Energy / Metals / Agriculture Trading Company / Major / Producer / Supplier
- Solid experience handling and drafting letters of Credit (LC’s) along with working alongside trade finance teams.
- Experience in managing relations with Ship operators / Owners / Logistics Company’s / Customers / End Users.
- Proven track record working within an international trading company within an Operations role, Understanding relevant documentation and compliance requirements for the Commodity sector.
- Effectively executed operational tasks across WAF (Nigeria, Niger, Ghana, Ivory Coast etc) & Sub-Saharan region.
- Located in Nigeria (Or willing to relocate)
- Fluent in English and French
To find out more about this position please contact Josh Clark at or +44 (0) 203 927 5092 or click the apply button
Job date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 06:29:48 GMT
For more latest jobs in Nigeria click here.