Jobs in Dubai
Job title: Manager, Corporate Communications
Job description: About the Job
The jobholder is responsible to manage the day-to-day operations of the External Communication ensuring the provision of an efficient communications program to support and enable targeted storytelling and stakeholder engagement.
This role includes; managing the day-to-day public relations and reputation risk management in order to effectively promote and increase awareness on the business operations to external stakeholders; proactively protecting the company reputation; while contributing to the development and implementation of Borouge’s community engagement activities in the region; with the objective of building relationships with external stakeholders and enhancing Borouge’s reputation as a responsible corporate citizen; and to act as a point of contact for media in the region; initiating actions, and reviewing media requests, content, and channels.
Communications Strategy’ Support
- Identify opportunities and implement corporate communication strategies to support strengthening and protecting company image and reputation among key stakeholders locally, regionally, and internally.
- Manage the planning and scripting of targeted and innovative storytelling and stakeholder engagement strategies and content to support the business in delivering reliable, accurate, and influential messages to the desired target audience.
- Managing team effectively by setting objectives, conducting performance reviews, and identifying training and development opportunities
- Advice on reputation issues and communication-related challenges in order to inform effective decision-making.
- Develop and manage effective day-to-day relationships with various stakeholders to support reputation management and public relations strategies, and corporate communication plans that are aligned with shareholders’ expectations.
- Manage the delivery of company day-to-day public relations plans and initiatives in line with its strategic objectives in order to continuously build a positive reputation and improve perception among external stakeholders.
- Enhance the reputation of the company using campaigns and other outreach opportunities to shape discussion around plastics
Media & Public
- Initiate analysis of trends and metrics related to public perception and media coverage trends in order to continuously identify opportunities to enhance public relations strategies and plans.
- Develop and nurture strong media relations with core print and online media and journalists locally, regionally, and globally, in order to create better media opportunities.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of business drivers, business developments, and dynamics to plan seamless communication/ engagement strategies and techniques to enable the businesses to deliver their objectives.
- Identify and propose external communication options and channels as appropriate to address and deliver impactful messaging to customer and value chain audiences.
- Advise and partner the business to develop communication collaterals for external communications; business milestones, case studies, customer awards received, etc.
- Work closely with other communications units to develop impactful communication campaigns targeted at the Ruwais community to raise awareness of Borouge
- Develop strategic collaborations and relationships in communities in which Borouge operates, including but not limited to trade associations, universities, government, society, etc.
- Plan and execute the community engagement strategy of Borouge to increase awareness and enhance Borouge’s reputation to external stakeholders
- Develop content to share Borouge’s commitment to CSR and circular economy efforts to both internal and external audiences
- Actively provide strategic communications advice, deliver professional marketing communications, internal communications, and branding propositions to the respective functions
- Report the effectiveness of communications activities, trade shows, and seminars as well as other engagement activities
- Professionally organize internal and external events (e.g. facility tours, CSR events, etc.) to promote Borouge as a responsible corporate citizen and to support the overall communications and branding strategy
As a successful candidate, you should possess the following:
- University Degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent qualifications.
- Exceptional oral and written communication abilities in English.
- Strong Arabic oral and written communications abilities is an advantage.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 8 – 12 years of professional experience in internal/external for multinational or large scale organization / consulting firms.
- Strong knowledge of corporate communication strategy development and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of public relations strategy development and implementation, and ability to devise strategies that drive business results.
- A creative and innovative approach to communications with the ability to identify new ways of working and lead change.
- Strong knowledge of the brand, reputation management techniques, and concepts.
- Knowledge of the Group’s operations and various sectors, and ability to lead the delivery of tailored corporate communication strategies in line with specific business requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication/ storytelling skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following: 1. Resume/CV
2. Passport-size photograph
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest jobs in Dubai click here.