Jobs in Dubai
Job title: Logistics Assistant – Import & Export
Company: Parker Connect
Job description: WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATE WITH EXPERIENCE IN LETTER OF CREDIT AND ADVANCED EXCEL.
The Logistic Assistant must have practical work knowledge of Import documentation and export documentation in a trading environment.
Knowledge of various documents required for sending the documents through bank either on Letter of Credit basis or on collection basis
This role will have focus on;
1) Coordinating with the forwarder/clearing agents for Custom clearing and receipt of Import shipments.
2) Execution of export documentation requirements for shipment from Jebel Ali to destinations especially in Africa, which include Letter of Credit shipment, commercial invoice, etc. Ensure that all documentation meets export regulations.
3) Preparing documents from Chamber of commerce and Attestation by Embassy
4) Follow up with customers and freight forwarder for Import/Export shipments and must know the status of all shipments.
5) Arrange details of shipments with forwarders, carriers as necessary for exports
6) Transacting of weekly shipments.
7) Documentation and data entry for all shipments including assisting logistic manager with daily functions.
8) Payment control to supplier and from customer.
The main objective & target of this job are;
1) To arrange shipping documents in a timely manner without any discrepancies.
2) To communicate concerned party (supplier and customer) to give shipping advice and share documents in a timely manner.
3) To arrange any required documents along with Letter of Credit and receive payment in a timely manner.
2. DIMENSIONS: Indicate the significant numerical data if any, applicable to the position showing those items for which the position has responsibility (e.g. budget, revenue targets, etc…)
- To arrange export documents accurately in a timely manner.
- Handling 50 export documents (including Letter of Credit) oneself.
- Learning product line up to have well understanding product.
- Broad logistics knowledge required.
- Control and follow up shipment for several countries at one time.
Work Experience: what does a job holder require to deliver the expected results?
+5 years logistic background required
(Preferably with handling Letter of Credit)
Technical know-how: please state the technical qualifications required for the position.
Microsoft word and excel, Supply chain & Logistic system, Fluent English, Knowledge for finance costs including Letter of Credit.
- Knowledge of import and export in a trading environment.
- Enough skill to handle logistic system and excel to issue shipping document.
- Experience of handling Letter of Credit.
November 29, 2021
Expected salary: 7500 per month
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest jobs in Dubai click here.