Jobs in Dubai
Job title: Group Leader Replenishment | IKEA | Jebel Ali , UAE
Job description: About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea . Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to priorities and organize own work in order to make the most efficient use of time available. You have the ability to work in a fast retail environment. You are driven to exceed goals and possess a desire to improve ways of working. You have interest for home furnishing, people life at home, and the IKEA range.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities, and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Must have a minimum 2-3 years of experience in goods flow and supply chain management.
- Knowledge of Retail Operations.
- Genuine interest and knowledge of home furnishings
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and commercial environment
- Knowledge of the IKEA Concept, including our vision and business idea, IKEA culture and values, and how we create our business advantages
- Ability to make quick decisions and take personal initiatives (often with a high sense of urgency)
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion working in retail logistics
- Focus on continuous improvement of existing operations.
- Advanced Computer skills (MS Office packages) and operating systems (Navision).
About The Role
To support the Goods Flow Manager by being an active member of the commercial team and to ensure efficiency in the store at the lowest cost. To secure the replenishment process in sales spaces prior to the store opening by taking advantage of IKEA Goods Flow Concept to strengthen IKEA’s position as the best home furnishing store and leads to a commercial presentation of the products.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- To work closely with the Goods Flow team to secure correct usage of short-term capacity of the store in order to maximise efficient logistics operations with the right balance in inbound and outbound volume by considering space, equipment and people.
- To influence and lead the goods flow co-workers within the assigned area or responsibility to secure the highest goods availability and enable customer order fulfilment at all times at the lowest possible cost.
- To identify, recruit, retain and develop the many talents in the goods flow team to secure a diverse, competent team that can execute it’s assigned responsibilities with confidence and secure the future succession.
- To contribute to positioning the IKEA store and the IKEA Brand as responsible partners in lowering environmental impact by taking relevant actions that contribute to achieving long-term profitability in a sustainable and environmental way.
- To live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and thriving IKEA culture that inspires colleagues to reach extraordinary achievements in the store and especially in the goods flow team.
- To ensure that goods flow co-workers work in compliance with the IKEA code of conduct, internal IKEA regulations and local legislation relating to health, safety and security and the environment.
- To contribute with relevant goods flow input and feedback to the logistics action plan and ensure that these actions are implemented in the inbound- and/or outbound goods flow processes.
- To share knowledge of effective and efficient goods flow operations within assigned area of responsibility with colleagues and business partners to support their competence development, including understanding of the principles of health and safety in goods
- To secure effective, qualitative and efficient daily goods flow operation within the assigned goods flow processes in order to guarantee customer shopping experience through quality of products, merchandising and stock accuracy.
- To contribute to the task and goals of the IKEA Value chain as stated in Global Service Protocol, local appendices and service agreement with Transport Service Providers through correct execution of the assigned goods flow processes.
- To work with colleagues in other functions in order to drive sales growth and sustained, long-term profitability.
- Co-operation with the Warehouse Group Leader and secure a tight co-operation between Goods receiving and the team that works on replenishment of the Market Hall
- Co-operation with the Shopkeepers plan all changes in the commercial areas so that goods movement and replenishment can be optimised
- Assist the ISL Manager with the responsibility for back flow replenishment in order to ensure that the store is fully stocked at all times, especially during peak hours
- To Work overnight filling the shelves and prepares the store when customers are not present, which eliminates safety issues for customers such as tripping over empty boxes
- Making sure that all empty boxes are removed, and the area is ready for customers before store opening
People Management & Development
- Manage a team of coworkers that work with replenishment including recruitment and training of their competence
- Plan the weekly schedules of all co workers
- Be Train the Trainer for the department and ensure all the co-workers in the department are trained in Product Knowledge, customer service training, Concept training, H&S trainings
- Provide the In Store logistics manager with feedback and their recommendations during the Probationary period reviews and annually reviews for the staff in the customer service department.
- To ensure that all receiving co-workers and internal customers adhere to the pre scribed safety and security routines
- Act as Payroll administrator, be a super user for the Staff Management System, and generate the schedules using the system. Monitor attendance of the co-workers and monitor sickness and other absences levels.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest jobs in Dubai click here.