Jobs in Dubai
Job title: Finance Manager – Wild Wadi Waterpark
Job description: About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Wild Wadi Waterpark This Arabian themed waterpark in Dubai offers breath-taking views of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Madinat Jumeirah. A day at this waterpark means one adrenaline rush after another! Hurtle down the 33m high Jumeirah Sceirah reaching speeds of 80 kmph, try the 1.5m high waves at Breakers Bay or scream your lungs out with your friends as you ride together on Tantrum Alley!
The fun isn’t just for our guests – everyday as a Wild Wadi Waterpark™ colleague promises to be a fun and memorable experience!
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance Manager to join the team. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require.
- To effectively lead the Finance function and responsible for all accounting activities and implementation of company finance policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for timely and accurate closure of all month end activities, including review of all journals prepared by the team, etc.
- To be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of Financial Statements and monthly reporting.
- To ensure the SBU balance sheet is a true reflection of the assets and liabilities held by the SBU. Supervise timely completion of balance sheet reconciliation.
- Prepare the monthly Business review slides and attend the review meeting to present the SBU financial performance.
- Lead the annual Budget exercise to ensure the process is well managed with all HOD’s and timely and accurate submission. Prepare the Budget Review presentation and attend the review meeting to present the SBU Budget together with GM.
- To supervise Finance colleagues within the department in-order to ensure the standard operation procedures are followed.
- Approving all the Purchase request in ADACO and all other documentation requiring Finance Manager approval as per DOA or Finance Policies.
- Meeting and preparing direct reports requested by the General Manager
- Guiding the team for their career developments
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Should have University Degree in Commerce / Accounting/ Finance
- Minimum three years’ experience in Waterpark / Leisure centre / hotel.
- Should be experienced for Financial Projection & Analysis including Forecasting & Budgeting
- CA/ CPA/ CMA/ CIMA degree will be an additional advantage
- Should possess good leadership/ managerial skills
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation allowance, life insurance, functional incentives, discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
Job date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 23:46:40 GMT
For more latest jobs in Dubai click here.