Jobs in Canada
Job title: Truck Driver
Job description: Subsidiary: Terus Construction Ltd.
Terus Construction Ltd. is an integrated road construction and materials manufacturing company, which has been building roads in British Columbia and the Yukon Territory for over 30 years through decentralized business centers.
Road construction, asphalt paving, aggregate production, hot mix asphalt and ready-mix concrete supply are the core activities. In addition, the Company acts as general contractor on civil construction projects, including excavation, utilities, concrete placement, sidewalks, and curbs, and in all kind of road construction related activities.
Over 800 jobs every year are performed through more than 20 decentralized business centers, such as highway rehabilitation, airport construction, industrial, municipal and commercial work, subdivisions. More than 550 employees are locally employed.
Terus Construction provides challenging and rewarding opportunities in an entrepreneurial, diverse, inclusive and respectful work environment. As our growth creates new career opportunities, likely there is the right one for you!
Truck Drivers are responsible to operate some or all the following equipment including low boy/tandem axle/gravel truck /water truck/spreader truck to transport and deliver materials or equipment. May be required to load and unload truck, operate other equipment and assist ground personnel as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Must be able to operate a tractor/trailer unit in city traffic.
Perform trip inspections on equipment operated and loaded, ensuring safety and road worthiness.
Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver’s hours, occupational health, and safety.
Perform pre-trip vehicle inspection to ensure mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
Maintain daily logs, inspection logs and other necessary paperwork.
Must ensure a solid understanding of and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics.
Must examine situations considering the principles of the Code of Ethics.
Other duties as required.
- Ability to safely operate and perform daily inspections on trucks.
Must be able to operate Truck with different trailer configurations. * Some mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to back up efficiently and safely.
- Knowledge of road construction procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable safety legislation and ability to perform pre and post trip equipment checks and accurately complete driver logbooks.
- Ability to identify safety hazards.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
- Travel as required.
- Overtime as required.
- Use of personal protection equipment is required.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol policy, including testing requirements.
- Must comply with all company policies.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
Terus Construction Ltd. offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization including competitive salary and benefits package, along with in-house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Must be able to meet all safety requirements including pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Location: Yukon – British Columbia
Job date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 22:52:19 GMT
For more latest jobs in Canada click here.