Jobs in Canada
Job title: Regional Manager – Jumpstart
Job description: Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities is a national charity dedicated to helping kids overcome financial and accessibility barriers to sport and recreation in an effort to provide inclusive play for kids of all abilities. With an extensive, national network of more than 1,000 grantees and 289 local chapters, Jumpstart helps eligible families cover the costs of registration, transportation, and equipment, and provides funding to selected organizations for recreational infrastructure and programming.
Jumpstart Regional Managers represent the Charity in the field, through their relationships and evaluation of programs/applications. They work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Jumpstart meets its goals. As such they are a primary point of contact for grant applicants, grant recipients, parents/caregivers, Canadian Tire Dealers/Store General Managers, and other Canadian Tire Corporation Banner Representatives.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Extend Jumpstart’s Field of Play
- Foster awareness of Jumpstart programs & funding opportunities, and promote Jumpstart through community events, meetings, and special initiatives
- Manage and participate in the review of Community Development Grant applications & other Jumpstart programs as warranted & issue funding recommendations aligned to the local availability of funds to Chapter Chairs, Jumpstart Finance and Senior Management
- Manage the administration of Individual Child Grants and provide assistance to Parents with applications
- Conduct and lead the delivery of regular program assessments of Jumpstart grant recipients
Strengthen Connection to Our Brand
- Manage local communications plans and relationships with key Chapter stakeholders, including:
- Canadian Tire Dealers and Store General Managers
- Other Canadian Tire Corporation Banner representatives
- Grant Applicants/Recipients
- Support stewardship and recognition of local donors, as requested
Achieve Excellence in Charity Governance
- Collaboratively develop and support the execution of customized regional business plans and chapter forecasting to achieve financial and operational goals
- Be a subject matter expert in quality sport and recreation programs, long term athlete development, and physical literacy principles
Who you are
We are looking for high performing individuals who are:
- Results focused and resilient. Driven by the opportunity to improve performance
- Curious with a proven ability to ask powerful questions and leverage data to identify root cause and actionable insights
- Collaborative team players who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
- Self-starters who take initiative
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet objectives
- Agile and innovative individuals, who are able to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves
- Operationally savvy and quick to learn systems and processes
- Superior coordination, planning, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – oral, written, presentation and listening – comfortable having a difficult conversation
- Experience managing and analyzing budgets
What you bring
- Minimum 5 years work experience and 2 years Management experience
- University and/or College education
- Sport and recreation experience
- Bilingual (French) is an asset
- This is a field-based position requiring regular travel (up to 70%) within your region and requires the successful candidate to have a valid driver’s licence. The region this position serves is Atlantic Canada. The successful candidate must be based in either New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia or Newfoundland and Labrador. The successful candidate will have to provide proof that s/he has a valid driver’s licence upon being hired.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest jobs in Canada click here.