Jobs in Canada
Job title: Pharmacist #JoinOurFamily
Job description: COVID-19 screening questions will be asked and documented during the interviewing process. Hiring decisions will require, among other criteria, a determination of low risk based on the answers.
Requisition ID: 160346
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail – Pharmacy
Travel Requirements: 0 – 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: 8883 Cornerstone Safeway Pharmacy
Postal Code: T4V 4T1
Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail.
The Pharmacist is responsible for providing pharmacy services to customers and medical practitioners. The Pharmacist will play a key role in achieving departmental excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service, workflow efficiencies, and PROfile programs. The Pharmacist will also provide guidance and supervision to Pharmacy students and Pharmacy Assistants and will ensure that all patients are offered and receive professional clinical services. Actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Patient Focused Care
- Focus is on clinical services (i.e; disease state mgmt., medication reviews, health risk assessments)
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available.
- Initiate care plans, follow up, and document
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Monitor medication adherence
- Provide patient counselling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking the medication.
- Tailor counselling to the needs and concerns of the patient i.e. literacy, hearing loss, privacy, etc.
- Acknowledge customers promptly and professionally
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion towards the customer
- Provide superior customer service to every customer
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Other duties as required
- Above average communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in the province of responsibility
- Injection Certification
- Previous experience in a retail and/or retail pharmacy setting preferred
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Location: Camrose, AB
Job date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 07:48:21 GMT
For more latest jobs in Canada click here.