Jobs in Canada
Job title: Patient Care Aide (Health Care Assistant)
Company: Vancouver Coastal Health
Job description: Job Description
Job Title: Patient Care Aide (Health Care Assistant)Work Site: Combined Medical-Surgical Nurse Unit, R.W. Large Memorial Hospital – Bella Bella, BCStatus: Casual Start Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $25.83 per hourHours:
0730-1530/1530-2330; or as operationally required
Days off: Various Reference#: 150554-atr
Come work as a Patient Care Aide (Health Care Assistant) with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Patient Care Aide (Health Care Assistant) to join the Combined Medical-Surgical Nurse Unit at R.W. Large Memorial Hospital – Bella Bella, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Patient Care Aide with VCH you will:
- Performs patient care duties for acute care, residential care and emergency department patients.
- Performs duties including:
- personal hygiene and transporting patients
- clerical duties (ex. assembling and maintaining patient charts and transcribing doctors’ orders.)
- Cleans, sterilizes, assembles, wraps and/or labels instruments, equipment and/or linens.
- Stocks medical/surgical and emergency ward supplies as required.
ABOUT BELLA BELLA, BC:
Bella Bella is a beautiful island community off the central coast of British Columbia, 690 km north of Vancouver. It is surrounded by a magical world of channels, inlets and old growth forest. It is home to salmon, orcas, humpbacks, bald eagles and the other denizens of the Pacific Northwest. The climate is mild and the area is a paradise for kayaking, sport fishing, hiking and photography.
The R.W. Large Memorial Hospital in Bella Bella has 7 acute beds, 7 long term care beds and a 4-bed emergency department open 24/7, along with Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging services. It offers telehealth services as well as speciality clinics. R.W. Large Memorial Hospital also has an Intensive Case Management team for mental health and substance use. There is a medical clinic and a pharmacy located in the hospital. The healthcare team consists of Physicians, RNs, LPNs, PCAs, Laboratory and Radiology Technologists, Combined Lab/X-Ray Technologists, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Assistants, and Support Services Personnel.
R.W. Large Memorial Hospital is located on the traditional territories of the Heiltsuk Nation.
For more information regarding work on a reserve, please refer to this link:
Education & Experience
- Grade 10 (including English 10).
- Successful graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Current CPR (Level C)
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ”going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***