Jobs in Canada
Job title: Mobile Maintenance Coordinator
Company: Rio Tinto
Job description: Mobile Maintenance Coordinator
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding leadership development
- Based in the beautiful outdoor and family-oriented community of Labrador City, NL
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Mobile Maintenance Coordinator to ensure safe, efficient, and effective execution of the world class Asset Management practices and processes at the Iron Ore Company of Canada mine site in Labrador City, NL. The Coordinator will maximize business value by developing people and challenging methodologies in order to improve productivity and deliver on commitments. The work schedule is Monday to Thursday day-shift.
This is a great opportunity for a process-oriented and engaging leader to optimize performance by coaching team members and promote teamwork within the team.
We are an open, connected global team that includes some of the industry’s best and brightest minds. We offer competitive, performance-focused remuneration and a wide range of benefits to reward your contribution. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop and grow your career are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent, you will be:
- Actively promoting safety awareness, safe work practices, hazard identification, and risk management principles, including “Courage to Care”;
- Actively supporting the Maintenance Superintendent by:
- Developing and initiating best Asset Management practices to ensure effective day to day operations of the Mine Maintenance Facility (MMF)
- Standardizing maintenance practices from shift to shift, such as handover processes, documentation, and safety procedures
- Developing and coaching Maintenance Supervisors, Advisors and maintenance crews on best practices and key business processes
- Audit general compliance and ensure communication and planning standards exist and are respected
- Coordinating shop floor key stakeholders: Planners, Supervisors, Advisors, Shutdown Team, Reliability Engineers, OEMs;
- Leading the coordination of daily asset performance reconciliation with Mine Care, Reliability Team and vendors;
- Conducting workforce schedule reviews with a medium-term view, adapting to ensure stability of the Asset Management Tactics and Plans;
- Assigned to work on key business projects.
Please note: Fly-in-fly-out arrangements are not available. Relocation assistance is provided.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team;
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Engineering or a Journeyperson trade certification (Mechanical or Electrical field is preferred) or equivalent work experience;
- Strong technical knowledge of large-scale industrial mining equipment, including mine mobile fleet, haul trucks, dozers, loaders and CAT equipment;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant asset management experience, preferably in maintenance, planning, or reliability;
- Excellent leadership approach to safety, team-building, communication, and employee performance;
- Demonstrated planning and scheduling knowledge using SAP;
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Excel.
What we offer
Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-Îles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close: September 19, 2021
(Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
Location: Labrador City, NL
Job date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 07:12:33 GMT
For more latest jobs in Canada click here.