Jobs in Canada
Job title: Journeyman (Journeyperson) Heavy Duty Mechanic (Acheson Shop)
Job description: Position Scope
NACG is looking for a Journeyman (Journeyperson) Off Road Mechanic to work at our Acheson location. Our shop has expanded and looking for mechanics to work in our state of the art facility.
Rate: Starting rate is $44.04/hr
The successful candidate will be required to join the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 955.
****Will also consider 3rd or 4th year apprentices for these roles. Rates for apprentices are:
3rd Year – $39.64
- Complete repairs on CAT/Komatsu/Hitachi equipment of all sizes.
- Work closely with peers in both maintenance and operations.
- Preventative Maintenance and servicing of all equipment.
- Check equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Trouble shooting systems – example: hydraulic, electrical & mechanical of all equipment and determine faults and extent of repair.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturer specifications.
- Mobilization of equipment for maintenance and repair.
- Develop work scopes and schedules for equipment to be repaired.
- Order parts for servicing, complete reports and fill out work orders.
- Teach and evaluate apprentices and mentor Mechanics.
- Follow NACG codes of practice and Safe Operating Procedures.
- Predominantly shop work, but may include short periods outdoors from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A valid Alberta Journeyperson Equipment Technician (Off Road) Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic/Technician (Off Road)
- Will consider Apprentices that are currently in their 3rd or 4th year of technical training.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience post Journeyperson certification on large Haul Trucks/Dozers/Graders and Excavators.
- Possess excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills and abilities.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Exhibit professional work behaviours.
- Committed to continuous learning.
- Experience with Cat SIS is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in daily work interaction.
All successful candidates must: * Be proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Have experience as requested in the job description above
- Disclose COVID-19 vaccination status:
Fully immunized individuals must provide government issued proof of vaccination to be exempt from site testing requirements
Individuals not fully immunized may be subject to site COVID-19 testing requirements and associated costs * Undergo and successfully pass the following pre-employment testing:
- Breath Alcohol Test
- Urine Drug Test
- Fitness-to-Work Assessment
- Audiometric Testing
- Vision Screening
- Criminal Record Check
All successful candidates MUST provide the following items prior to confirmation of their start date: * Copy of Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Copy of recent Driver’s Abstract
- VOID cheque/direct deposit form
To explore this opportunity, please submit a resume of your experience and accomplishments in confidence.
North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining industries for over 65 years. In that time, we’ve proven ourselves as a safe and reliable contractor who can complete projects of any size and scope. We’ve also taken a number of bold steps forward to broaden our footprint, expanding to mines outside our provincial borders, and providing third-party maintenance services to clients and customers.
In addition to providing employees with rewarding careers, North American has a whole lot more to offer:
- Significant Growth – As a company, NACG is rapidly expanding, and has practically doubled in size over the past year alone.
- Long Term Contracts – With over $1 billion dollars in contracted work booked through 2023, NACG can provide long term employment solutions and numerous opportunities for advancement.
- Commitment To Safety – With a top tier record for safety performance, NACG is dedicated to ensuring that everyone gets home safe, and constantly strives for a goal zero performance.
- Competitive Compensation – NACG provides competitive compensation packages for all employees.
North American Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected.
Become a member of the North American family today!
Expected salary: $44.04 per hour
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest jobs in Canada click here.