Jobs in Canada
Job title: Field Claims Representative, Property Level I
Job description: From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
We’re looking for a Field Claims Representative, Property Level I to join our growing team!
As a Field Claims Representative, Property Level I, your work will have a big impact on providing in person adjusting services to our valued clients in their time of need. Customers will count on you to deliver industry leading customer service, and fair claims handling.
** This field role will support the West GTA region **
What you’ll do here:
- Investigate relatively complex commercial and personal lines property claims in a timely and respectful manner through communication with customers, contractor, consultants and any other related parties.
- Handle field tasks on behalf of telephone adjusters.
- Provide a superior quality of customer service to external and internal customers, and answer queries relating to the claims process.
- Document the claims file by meeting with all involved parties and obtaining appropriate reports and statements from customers, appraisers, third party adjusters, claimants, witnesses, police, and any other pertinent experts to determine coverage.
- Analyze the information gathered, interprets insurance policy wordings, determines coverage, assesses damage.
- Within established authority limits, negotiate with customers, claimants, lawyers, and insurers to settle claims.
- Keep up to date on Intact’s insurance products, appraisal and investigation techniques, and services.
- Maintain current knowledge of insurance products, as well as appraisal or investigation techniques and services.
What you bring to the table:
- University degree or college diploma preferred and/or equivalent business experience
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation (preferred)
- 3 to 5 years experience handling personal and/or commercial property claims with at least partly acquired experience directly in the field
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and goal oriented, capable of working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong aptitude for technology with excellent computer skills
- Bilingual in English/French is an asset
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Ability to travel on short notice
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
Flexible Work Arrangements
Right now, we support 100% remote work, if your role permits. We anticipate that in November, we’ll be moving to a hybrid approach which gives us the best of both worlds – a mix of home and in-office workdays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on September 17, 2021 at 11:59 p.m EST.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #myReferrals1000