Jobs in Canada
Job title: Field Case Manager (12-month contract)
Job description: Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Single point of contact for the program with physicians
- Educate physicians and/or their staff on various program services
- Provide therapy guidelines to manage physician expectations with respect to reimbursement
- Consult patient charts in order to effectively complete necessary paperwork to obtain coverage
- Assist MDs in completing Special Authorization (SA) forms, enrolment forms, prescription renewals, and other documentation
- Provide ongoing updates to physicians on their patients
- Customize current program elements to meet the needs of assigned physicians: adjust based on in-clinic and remote MD needs.
- Identify areas for risk and foster proactive, continued quality improvement.
- Work collaboratively with other team members in various roles to coordinate the patient journey.
- Participate in scheduled physician meetings with sales representatives
- Attend Continuous Medical Education events and report new activities
- Regular travel to various physician offices
- Adverse Event reporting
- Adhoc duties as assigned
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Registered nurse (RN)
- Related degree may be considered (pharmacists, science degrees) or equivalent transferable skills
- Experience in public or private third party reimbursement arena or pharmaceutical sales experience, managed care, or clinical support, or related experience an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset (requirement for province of Quebec)
- Previous Case Manager experience an asset
- Basic CCPE an asset
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once
- Comprehension of medical terminology
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze current enrollment volume by MD
- Ability to engage with a physician and his/her staff as a trusted and well-informed medical counterpart
- Excellent time management skills & sense of urgency
- Ability to collaborate effectively with program associates
- Ability to work autonomously in a remote setting
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and in both English and French (oral and written) for the Quebec and New Brunswick Provinces
- Detail and result oriented
- Ability to adapt to change and ambiguity
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to attend Continuous Healthcare Education (CHE) events with HCPs, which may occur outside regular business hours
- Hold and maintain a valid, non-expired, unrestricted driver’s license and possess a car
- Adhere to Performance Standards and Procedures required by the program
- Must have a private, dedicated home office space that accommodates equipment supplied by Innomar Strategies
As of October 18, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all Canadian team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest jobs in Canada click here.