Jobs in Canada
Job title: Fairmont Gold Attendant
Job description: Hotel Overview:
Regarded as a Condé Nast Readers’ Choice and Gold List hotel, and honoured with the Travel + Leisure distinction as a top Canadian hotel, the Fairmont Empress graces Victoria’s sparkling Inner Harbour with an iconic presence. This luxury hotel in Victoria, British Columbia, offers 464 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, and expansive meeting and wedding space adjacent to the Victoria Conference Centre. Located on the picturesque West Coast of Canada, this is the ideal location to explore all the natural beauty of Vancouver Island.
Built in 1908, Fairmont Empress recently underwent a $60M complete restoration, resulting in the addition of a new restaurant and bar, Q at the Empress. The hotel now boats 464 fully restored guest rooms and suites, Lobby Lounge, reception lobby, function space, Willow Stream Spa, fitness center, and swimming pool.
- Provide food and beverage service to the Fairmont Gold floors
- Set up and serving of breakfast in the Fairmont Gold lounge
- Delivery of individual coffee/fruit juice orders to Fairmont Gold guest rooms
- Assist Fairmont Gold co-workers in morning activities
- Washing dishes
- Controlling inventories and ordering pertinent supplies for use in Fairmont Gold
- Adhering to “room warming” procedures as detailed in Fairmont Gold Standards manual
- Advise Room Service of requirements of VIP guests
- Ensure the Fairmont Gold floor is free of Room Service trays
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of one (1) year recent experience (in the last five years) in a food and beverage related position in a quality establishment
- “Serving It Right” and “Food Safe” certification
- The successful candidate must be adaptable and flexible with a proven record of tact and diplomacy
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivation and organizational skills with the initiative and ability to complete projects in a timely manner and proven ability to work gracefully under pressure
- Fluency in a second language is an asset
- Impeccable grooming and presentation
NOTE: The position of Fairmont Gold Attendant is physically demanding. The successful candidate must be physically capable of performing repetitive work as well as lifting and carrying heavy loads for long distances.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE USING A VPN APP, PLEASE TURN IT OFF BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE APPLY HERE LINK BELOW, ELSE THE JOB LINK WILL NOT OPEN.
For more latest jobs in Canada click here.